Help, paint in carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Care to see my etchings?
luvy123
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Help, paint in carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by luvy123 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:19 am

wifeephery1982 wrote:
forgotten oceans wrote:HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I get acrylic paint out of the carpet?

ok, I've tried using water and there's still blue tint. oh crap oh crap!!!!!Reo's gonna be so mad when he gets back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He left for the week and he's coming home today at lunch!!!!!! I promised I'd behave and I was joking about something like this happening before he left.....There's paint on the carpet!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, calming down now..... thanks for your help in advance.
1. If the paint stain is still wet, simply blot the spot with a wet paper towel - don’t scrub, just blot.
2. If the paint stain is dry, use hot water and a little bit of dish detergent. Let the solution sit for a few minutes to soften the paint.
3. Once the paint is softened, use a knife or pin to scrape the paint stain. Continue to add more solution as you scrape.
4. If the paint is still not softening, consider using a handheld steamer while you scrape to eventually remove the paint stain from the carpet.
Can we remove acrylic paint from the carpet without using any chemical solvent?

abexists
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Help, paint in carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by abexists » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:30 am

wifeephery1982 wrote:
1. If the paint stain is still wet, simply blot the spot with a wet paper towel - don’t scrub, just blot.
2. If the paint stain is dry, use hot water and a little bit of dish detergent. Let the solution sit for a few minutes to soften the paint.
3. Once the paint is softened, use a knife or pin to scrape the paint stain. Continue to add more solution as you scrape.
4. If the paint is still not softening, consider using a handheld steamer while you scrape to eventually remove the paint stain from the carpet.
This is what I was looking for.