What do you listen?

A song in my heart...
Saenor
Level 1
Level 1

What do you listen?

Post by Saenor » Sat May 27, 2006 5:04 am

I was just wondering..what do you listen?
Just name some of your favorite bands..

Kalmah
Finntroll
Korpiklaani
Ensiferum
Moonsorrow

I could name a lot more, but this ar e my favorites. :-)
"Desire, ask, believe, receive."

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat May 27, 2006 6:09 am

Are Korpiklaani Finnish?

I seem to remember a neme very similar.

As to my listening, I haven't listened to music for about ten years. But I did have a lot of medeaval stuff.

Corvus Corax, In extremo, Blackmores night etc. Also Cappercaille, and similar from Scandinavia/Finland.

Along with the obvious Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath etc.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat May 27, 2006 10:39 am

My list doesn't sound nearly so cool

I love ani Difranco and Indigo girls as well as Melissa Ferrick (Hello my name is Willow and I like angry lesbian music)

But I also love political Rap/hiphop (I have always had a soft spot for public enemy and I love to dance), relaxed folky stuff (think Jack Johnson), classic rock, country, some metal and I listen to classical every day.

So you might describe my tastes as *ahem* eclectic? If its new I will try it at least three times. So hopefully I cafind some of these bands.

And for other people who like new music go to www.pandora.com, I am addicted, you type in your favourite artist and they play other music with similar qualities they think you will like, it really is an awesome site.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Tue May 30, 2006 6:05 pm

Oh dear. Well, if you really want to know.

Mostly taken from my current iPod selection.

Cauldron Black Ram
Mayhem
Darkthrone
Current 93
Throbbing Gristle
Death In June
NON
Brighter Death Now
In Slaughter Natives
Raison D'Etre
Frozen Faces
Isomer

Samhain
Jimmy Hendrix
Architect
Xoma
Black Sabbath
Pentagram
Beck
Bjork
The Handsome Family
Laibach
Lustmord
Tom Waits
Samael
Johnny Cash
Einstuerzende Neubauten
King Diamond
Scorn
Dead Can Dance
Joy Division
Katatonia
Arkhon Infaustus
David Bowie
Stratvm Terror
Deutche Nepal
Nurse With Wound
Paradise Lost
Reverand Bizarre
Gary Numan

Those in bold I recommend for listening to during meditation, especially Dead Can Dance.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue May 30, 2006 7:27 pm

I admit it... Yes, I admit it. I love 80's one hit wonders. I love early 90's music, like Marky Mark's "Good Vibrations". I, a 26 year old woman, still listen to Disney music, and I don't have kids. I basically have a VERY eclectic taste when it comes to music. I listen, to whatever happened to catch my ear, and I'll listen to it forever. I do have a few favourites though.

Faye Wong's "Eyes on You"(I think it was called) from Final Fantasy VIII.
Sukiyaki's "4 P.M."
Jade from Sweetbox "1000 words"
Hikaru Utada's "Sancuary" & "Simple & Clean", and almost any other song of hers, in Japanese or English

A recently found again favourite is from the movie Anastaia "Viaje Tiempo Atras", which is a spanish song and translates roughly as Journey to the past, I believe.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue May 30, 2006 8:23 pm

I listen to just about anything, classic rock, alternative, metal, new age, medieval, country, rap, a tiny bit of opera, classical... like I said, just about anything. :-D
"Love like you've never been hurt."

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Tue May 30, 2006 9:27 pm

Nightwish
Within Temptation
Manowar
Hammerfall
Artrosis
etc
etc
etc

but check: http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?s=druid
/|\

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Wed May 31, 2006 3:55 am

Nightwish,
Lordi (Hehe going to see them soon :)),
Devil Driver
Coal Chamber
MegaDeth
Metallica
SOAD
Tristania
NIN

But mostly anything that floats my way. Mainly stuff like Nightwish and Lordi and high on my play lists... Hehe.. Was great for eurovision... Loads of Brits sitting in a living room shouting at the tv for Finland to win :D
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

lunaria
Level 5
Level 5

Post by lunaria » Wed May 31, 2006 9:02 am

Most of the music I listen to is either in japanese, or from a broadway show. Mostly from broadway shows though. Right now my favorite CDs are:

The Frogs
Hairspray
Sweeney Todd
Urinetown
Floyd Collins
Spamalot

If I ever get a chance to breathe, I'm going to go buy the Wicked soundtrack. As for Japanese music I listen to, most of the time it is:

Sera Myu
Puffy AmiYumi
Yoko Ishida
Utada Hikaru

There's also that japanese version of Hakuna Matata that I listen to when I'm in a weird mood. I guess it combines both genres......

Yes, I know that I'm completly strange. Oh well. What can you do? ;)
Hey look... I got a new icon....

So what if its Sailor Moon again? *shifty eyes*

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Wed May 31, 2006 4:29 pm

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:Lordi (Hehe going to see them soon
You have NO idea how jealous I am. I was so happy they won, everyone in Aust. was cheering them on as well!

I also admire the lead singer for being able to walk in those boots... :-D
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 31, 2006 7:56 pm

Pink Floyd, Zepplin, Ozzy, Hendrix, Dire Straits, Korn, NINE INCH NAILS!!, Marilyn Manson, Collective Soul, **Radiohead**, Garbage, Heart, SouixSouix (sp?) and the Banshees, The Tea Party (whom I got to meet!!!! MWA HA HA!), R Carlos Nakai, Bright Eyes, Elliot Smith, Aimee Mann, Sarah McLachlan, Holly McNarland, Bif Naked, Alanis Morissette, ALICE IN CHAINS!!, Modest Mouse!, Oliver Shanti, Poe, Supertramp, *U2*, Finger Eleven, Pink bunch of crazy meditation music...

So, a mix of classic rock, classical, 80's and 90's and 70's and 60's and even 50's and 40's (like the Flamingos), alternative rock, metal, pop-ish stuff that isn't happy-go-lucky-look-at-me-I'm-a-s**t and therefore evil, meditation, and anything good that comes my way. Blarg. I'm tired now. I didn't name 1/4 of my music collection that I love!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:07 am

I heard the neatest paper this week CHL, a scholar in the states was tracking the lyrical development of NIN and comparing it to the psalms in the Bible and they are very similar apparently.

Anyway, he almost got lynched in the southern US for this paper and is now trying to find a job in Canada because he plans to write more like this. It was pretty fascinating!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:21 am

Lunaria, You're back.

Woo hoo, my fellow anime fan has returned.

What other Japanese stuff do you listen to? Is Puffy AmiYumi very much like Hikaru Utada? I've listened to some of their stuff from the TV show (a show I'm not all that impressed with to tell the truth), and I'm not fond of it. But I know the truth, that what they deem "suitable" for us from other languages is generally a far cry from what we like!

Let me know. Also, Koda Kumi, is I think her name (I'll double check when I get home), is another great star. As well as the boy band from about 2 years back. They had a hit "Every Flower" I think it translated to, about how every woman is like a flower, and you should treat each like they are the Only One. Now that I think of it, it could be called Only One.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:06 am

Willow wrote:I heard the neatest paper this week CHL, a scholar in the states was tracking the lyrical development of NIN and comparing it to the psalms in the Bible and they are very similar apparently.

Anyway, he almost got lynched in the southern US for this paper and is now trying to find a job in Canada because he plans to write more like this. It was pretty fascinating!
It does not surprise me, but that's pretty neat! He has some pretty phenomenal stuff out there, along with drug-induced utter cr**, and I know that the bible has been a continual source of, let's say, "inspiration" for some of his work, more evident in his less-talented former "apprentice and die-hard fan" Marilyn Manson. (Apprentice not meant literally)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:36 am

Willow, that's pretty interesting about the scholar drawing comparisons between NIN and the bible. Just saw them live a couple months ago and they were SOOOO good. Everyone must see them live at least once, it's an amazing experience. The only dissapointment was that he shaved his head so he doesn't look nearly as hot as he used to. :cry:
"Love like you've never been hurt."