The Necronomicon - A Book of Summoning

Where did I put that Grimoire?
Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

The Necronomicon - A Book of Summoning

Post by Hytegia » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:55 pm

This book is for some reference, but it also holds oldf beliefs and other things about old gods and some old-fasioned magick.

http://www.4shared.com/get/41955405/dc9 ... micon.html NOTE: Downloading from this link is a violation of copyright laws, do so at your own risk, but there can be legal issues that arise from doing so if caught which can include both major fines and jail time. - Runewulf

PLEASE NOTE: The Summonings and the words of this book should -NEVER- be spoken aloud with little heed to the strange words. Don't pen them, or try to pronounce them. Do not practice them, or pretend to do the rituals held within this book. Infact, avoid trying to do any of these rituals or conjurations unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. I have seen the results of this book to be VERY powerful and to do much harm to the ones who tried them without practice.
Like all works, if they are to be done, then please take your own precautions. This book is old and the words have remained unchanged for centuries... There's a good reason for it too! So: DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady

Re: The Necronomicon - A Book of Summoning

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:27 am

Moved to "Book Club" June 2/09
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:47 am

Um...
It was a reference book. Not for discussion.

I would have MADE a thread for discussion- if the book didn't say that the book's contents should never be discussed.
So, it was just Reference material.
:(
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:09 am

My bad. I though you were opening a discussion as well. I still think it should be in the Book Club, but I will leave that to your disgression, as often books are put in the Book Club just for reference. It's sort of a toss here.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Why bring up a book in a discussion forum that cannot be discussed? :-k :-k
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:59 pm

See now, that's what I was wondering too Kystar.

However, I don't see how discussing some of the book, or the merit of the book can be a problem. I have studied this text in the past and have discussed it numerous times with other people without anything bad (or good for that matter) happening at all. And seeing as most people on these forums are likely not to venture into some of the practices of Crowley, it would either be a purely academic discussion, or it won't happen at all.

Just my opinion.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:24 pm

I put merit in book warnings, because words written in power have power.
Anyhow, I put it for Reference not real discussion. I dont MIND its discussion, just as I don't mind others discussing the Book of the Law. It says to never discuss it, and I'd discuss the Rede, just not the true Nature of the book. Thats why I think we've reworded the Law!

"'Do what thou wilt' is the whole of the Law.
Love is the Law.
Love under Will."
-----
"An harm it none, do what thou wilt."
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:24 am

Ok, for starters, this is a book of FICTION, no matter what occultist myths and legends or urban legends have to say about it, so there are really no worries. Secondarily, a mass published book has no power in and of itself. Words written in power have to actually be written and have both intent and energy poured into them to have actual power within the book they are written within. I could write such a book, but if I then had it published a few million times, none of the copies would contain the power of the first book. Third, just because there's power in a given writing doesn't mean that reading aloud from it would "release" said power, unless that is specifically how the writing was made to react through a conscious setup of one of more spells or enchantments.

Finally, "reference" or not, this is a discussion forum. When it comes to any kind of post, it is open for discussion and that means anything. I started the Magick & Energy Use forum many years ago and have posted lessons, guides and references there over the years and they get discussed too. It doesn't matter what is posted, it's open for discussion. Discussion is how people learn and grow, it's part of a cycle of expansion and is something that we encourage, otherwise what's the point of having a forum when a static web page with links would suit just as well? Think about it.

Wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:56 am

runewulf wrote: I could write such a book, but if I then had it published a few million times, none of the copies would contain the power of the first book.
You know, I always wondered if the books created by a manual printing press could retain SOME of the power...as you have to shift thing by hand and touch the printing machine so much, you could pour your intent into each and every copy.

*ponder :-k ponder*

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:02 am

I think it would be possible, however the person running the press would have to be the practitioner and would also likely need a LOT of prep work and you wouldn't be able to produce them too fast or the energy and intent wouldn't saturate into them. That's the theory anyway.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:58 am

Well, yes. You'd have to do each copy separately, focusing with every step. And, of course, you'd have to bind it by hand too, so there's another step to add the energy.

To get the full range, though, you'd have to make the font script presses yourself too, which would be a pain.

It would be interesting to use a model version for a test, see if the person receiving the final product could feel the energy. Not something I'D ever want to experiment with...but an interesting idea.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Oh now you're just giving me ideas, Kystar. I wonder if you could translate that into the digital age?

For example if I took a stylus and pad and focused intent on what I was scribing into the computer and made an image out of it, which was then posted on a website... would the intent remain only with the first stored image on my machine? Or would it remain, suspended in the ether till seen by human eyes?

As utterly without merit as a book of instruction as The Necronomicon most certainly is, this topic sure has some interesting ideas floating about in it, so it's not a total loss.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:52 pm

For something like that, I believe it would need to be done more as a large, active ritual than the normal enchanting methods since enchantments tend to be attached to objects and digital content isn't a physical object. I also wonder if it would potentially fry out the computer, but maybe not. There is a theory that you could build a servitor/thoughtform/big-honkin-stored-spell-resivoir that is keyed to certain rituals/incantations/etc. and that anyone could access it with said key and intent. Something like that might work over a digital medium, I'm not really sure though, but the theory is fairly sound.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:50 pm

Slightly off-topic, but I have not actually only read the Necronomicon, but actually own a copy.

Mind you, I've never felt any power in the words, even had I been able to pronounce any of it.

I mainly bought the copy because it's actually really hard to find in Calgary, and I was giggling so hard that I just had to buy it.

Anyways, nowadays I keep it with the rest of my craft books and bibles of various religions. Let me tell you, you ever want to confuse somebody and have a great laugh, watch them look over your "religion" section and then watch them try to ask about it and why it's near "your bible"... Hilarious.

Off hand, the image would have power (You've put energy into it after all). However, I think that instead of the power appearing to everybody who saw it and weakly affecting them, that it would instead call those who would resonate with it, and pass the power on through them.

P.S. - Sorry about the disjointed reply... I'm tired right now. I've been busy packing and cleaning all night.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:41 am

Rune and Kitsune, thanks for the replies.

I think you're right about the resonance factor. The focus of the intent would need to be such that it was designed to only appear to or impact those of ability. If you're spreading multiple copies of this image around on the 'net - I would see it getting progressively weaker and weaker as more and more people view it. So maybe by limiting its action to those who could have an appreciation for the energetic aspect, we'd be able to preserve it. Kind of like how when you build a website, if you use some arcane font and don't make it into a graphic, but leave it in the code, the site may not be completely viewable to the reader unless their machine has that font available. (Or if you built the whole font set into the code for the site, but that's a lot of extra work and space.) The viewer would either see a rather mundane generic font or giberish, neither being the intent. However, if you happened to have that font, you'd be able to see the site as designed.

And as for a Servitor, well dang if that doesn't sound like a long term project. I think I might actually try imprinting some intent into digital forms to see just what we might able to do. Now, I have an excuse to start breaking out photoshop again.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake