New beginings.

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Ragnar

New beginings.

Post by Ragnar » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:05 am

Why is this under "Paganism", well I think it has a lot to do with a "reawakening" I have had this year. So, it makes sense.

This is the first year that I remember taking note of spring in such a way.

After such a long, although not particularly cold, winter I am seeing things start to happen.

JUST outside my window (Na. 20 meters or so up)* as I am writting this, I can see two crows building a nest. Something I have never WATCHED before. They were not there one day and were the next.

The snowbells are up, we even have crocuses starting. The daffodils are showing green shoots, and the catkins are in bloom.

Is it because of the long winter, or am I starting on a new stage of life?

I do not know, but I am enjoying it for the first time I can remember.

Will that make me a nicer person? (What do you mean "NO"?)

I will still not suffer idiots, but as far as the Earth goes, I think this year will be different for me.

lets see.

* Still pedantic, you will note. :lol:

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: New beginings.

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:25 am

Ragnar wrote: I am enjoying it for the first time I can remember.
That's great! One of my favourite ways to celebrate and strengthen a new beginning in my life is to have a bath with salts, candles, and essential oils. So amazing about the crow's nest! You'll soon watch the little ones hatch and grow!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:49 am

I hope so. It can be that the tree goes in leaf before that and then I will not be able to see it happen. But they are very "active" :roll:

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Well don't you and Lisa be outdone by a couple of crows!
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:08 am

I wonder if there has been a big astrological shift this year or if it's because we are starting a new decade? - there's been huge shifts in my life too, and the majority of my friends have experienced subtle (or not so subtle) shifts. It's different but definitely positive. I hope your reawakening gives you a great year Ragnar :-)
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:26 am

I have a problem trying to relate astrology with decades. WHICH calander, for a start?

I am sure any one dealing with astrology could tell me, but I am AT PRESENT, not entirely happy with putting such an EXACT date to it.

I DO, however, see what you mean.

For example I will be 50 this year..... :-# So I would put it down to personal astrology rather than the general scheme.

I DO tend towards believing in the art/science though. I just wish someone could explain why, when I am Libra, Scorpio seems to be more acurate for me.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:28 am

You could be one of those people for whom most of your planets were in Scorpio when you were born, mitigating Libra's control... but I couldn't say for sure. I really haven't done any study on astrology.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:55 am

Ah! That is a problem when discussing astrology. I hadn't thought of that.

Although I am utterly my sign (even if I try to fight it), I find that my experience of what is generally said about astrological signs are not always correct. For example, it's always said that my sign (sag) is sporty but it's not true. No one I know with my sign is especially sporty. Restless and active and likes to play, yes, but not competitive enough.

In my experience...
Libras: are laid back, loyal, weigh up situations very carefully and thus tend to be open-minded, like beautiful things, (even if shy) are naturally charming, has a close friendship group they've had for years.

I don't know many Scorpios but the ones I know about: seem to be a bit more outwardly passionate/intense, are fun to be with, a bit 'dark', smoulder, move around friendship groups who interest them.

Do you still feel like a Scorpio?

I'm sure someone with more astrology knowledge than me will tell you that there are moon signs and house signs that have an influence - but I don't know about it in depth. (Aha! Kitsune said it as I was posting!)
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:00 pm

Ragnar wrote:I just wish someone could explain why, when I am Libra, Scorpio seems to be more acurate for me.
It was always the same for me, too, and I'm not even on the cusp of Scorpio. September 27th. I'm all about balance and harmony, but every Libra I've known tends to be very 2nd-chakra, very sexual and sensual. Think knee-high black leather stilettos and a lovely red number. I think the symbolism passes over to Scorpio quite well because of the dramatic dark and sensual colours. Maybe I'm gripping at straws, though. I've never studied astrology seriously.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:07 pm

Max wrote: For example, it's always said that my sign (sag) is sporty but it's not true. No one I know with my sign is especially sporty. Restless and active and likes to play, yes, but not competitive enough.
Strangely enough, I'm a sag and while I'm not sporty in any way or form, I love "winning". I can cross stitch... bet I can do it faster! I can write... bet I can write more!

I actually lower it down when in polite company... It is sort of an odd thing. On the other hand, I don't know if I can say that I love competition. What I love is watching people all run head long to a goal and achieving it... although, I can't deny that I enjoy getting some sort of notice at the end for doing well (I get sort of snotty and annoyed if I don't, in fact, much as I hate to admit it.)

On the other hand, I have always hated reducing people to "this is your sign, so this is who you are"... like everything else, there can and usually are other factors involved.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:18 pm

I've always looked at the astrology of things as:

This is your sign...this is its traits...therefore, that one weird personality trait that NO ONE in your family displays, but you have and don't understand where it comes from...Have you thought it might be a star sign thing? Hm?
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:24 am

quote from Max;

In my experience...
Libras: are laid back, yes
loyal, yes
weigh up situations very carefully, TOO bloody carefuly sometimes.
tend to be open-minded, Yes, but you have to take the German national characteristic into account as well.
like beautiful things, Eye of the beholder, but yes.
are naturally charming, of course.
has a close friendship group they've had for years. Well if you count here, yes, but in "real" life, I have moved around too much to keep in contact with any one for long enough. I have also been sabotaged by my generation. For example, from the day I left the school gates until today, I have NEVER met anyone I was at school with, except for two, who I arrested. And I have asked many people who were at other schools, even in other towns, at the time I was at school, and they have more or less invariably found the same.

I don't know many Scorpios but the ones I know about: seem to be a bit more outwardly passionate/intense, are fun to be with, a bit 'dark', smoulder, move around friendship groups who interest them.

Do you still feel like a Scorpio?

Lisa is Scorpio, and we are VERY similar.

The friendship quote above is an example of how I see Scorpio as more fitting. I do not "walk away" from people, life stages, I burn every bridge in sight as I do. Once I have made a decission to move on, I ensure there is absolutely not the slightest chance in Hel of going back. I KNOW how to use that sting in the tail! :-D This applies especialy when I find dissloyalty, and/or untrustworthyness, or I just happen to get bored with someone, or something.

There are other things, when I read a full liist of characteristics, but I have not got one to hand. Also, when I see written horoscope forecasts (Proffessional, not those in newspapers) of Scorpio, not only do they appear to apply more to me, most times they actualy prove to do so.

I once had someone draw up a chart. One of these you see with triangles all over them. My triangles were all within 1 or 2 degrees of a perfect overlap, which appeared to impress the guy that did them. I have not got a CLUE as to what they all meen.
Crazy Healer Lady wrote:
Think knee-high black leather stilettos and a lovely red number.
Yes. But have you ever tried getting those things in my size? #-o

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Ragnar wrote:
Crazy Healer Lady wrote:
Think knee-high black leather stilettos and a lovely red number.
Yes. But have you ever tried getting those things in my size? #-o
You must take a stroll through these parts, then. I know a couple of good stores, particularly Venus and Mars. I did some modelling for them. It was great fun dancing in the store window with a man in a corsette!
Crazy Healer Lady