LOL...Men are amusing.

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

LOL...Men are amusing.

Post by Kystar » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:46 pm

Why is it that sometimes we women need to bully our men into doing/getting something for themselves?

For example...today, at the Greater Pittsburgh Irish Festival...I had to bully my husband to finally stop whining about the price and just buy a Utilikilt already! http://www.utilikilts.com/

He's only been wanting one the whole time I've KNOWN him!

Head + desk

If he gives me the okay, I'll post a pic!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady

Re: LOL...Men are amusing.

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:50 pm

I fixed the link for ya hun.

Hee hee cute video. Good for you for making your hubby do something for himself!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kathyj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Kathyj » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:00 am

Kystar wrote:Why is it that sometimes we women need to bully our men into doing/getting something for themselves?

!
I don't understand it either, My Sam is the same way, I have to practically beat him over the head with the billfold to get him to purchase something he clearly wants. And yet he never complains about the things I "have to have" I always thought he was one of a kind, glad to see there are other lucky ladies with sweeties out there \:D/ BB Kat

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:08 am

Thanks, CHL. I was posting late at night after a Gaelic Storm concert...brain wasn't functioning completely.

Kathyj - I think they're a rare breed...but their not extinct!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:55 am

Jeez, I don't understand this at all. :-?

But then, if I find out my guy has a hankering for something, I'll go out and buy it for him when I next have some extra cash. The only things he buys for himself on a usual basis are video games. And those because he just loves video games.

I love the mock-u-mercial though... That was awesome! :badgrin: :-#
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:55 am

Kitsune - I used to buy him little things when I was working...but he made more money than me...so the big things were up to him to get. Now that I don't work, I have no money to buy him gifts. :(

However, he's a little too conscientious about the bills, so he rarely leaves himself play money. To finally get him to just buy the thing was a major achievement!

Kathyj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Kathyj » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:56 pm

Kitsune wrote:Jeez, I don't understand this at all. :-?

But then, if I find out my guy has a hankering for something, I'll go out and buy it for him when I next have some extra cash. The only things he buys for himself on a usual basis are video games. And those because he just loves video games.

I love the mock-u-mercial though... That was awesome! :badgrin: :-#
When I was working I was the same way, even now I try to suprise him with presents when ever I can, we have a pretty good relationship that way. When we met our ex's labeled Sam my toyboy, and be his sugar mamma. What's funny is neither one knew the other :roll: :lol:

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:41 am

I think I have the opposite problem, if he wants to spend thousands on a suit for work it is fine (because he is a lawyer who has to impress clients) it is fine.

But when I lose 30 pounds and none of my pants or belts fit "Can't you sew them or something?...And I'll get you a hammer and a nail for your belts."

Lets not even start on appliances, he will happily eat my homemade pasta every night...but buy me a pasta maker? However, we own a huge saw...in an apartment...that we rent and never have to fix anything.

People in general are just funny.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:26 pm

Oooooooo *glare* Lay down the law!!! If he gets shiny new things, so do you!

I am glad that I have a separate bank account and income than Chris. We have an understanding that what I do with my money is my business, and what he does with his money is his business, as long as we have food on the table, a roof over our heads, and kids (when they come along) have school supplies.

He's good and bad with treating himself. He's been pining over a specific bike for a year now, and while it's really expensive, he's finally saved enough for it, and is thinking of every excuse why "not now." Granted, I'm off work right now, his dad is off work due to illness and is always asking for money, and his mom hasn't worked a day in her life and is ill anyway, but it's his money, he should spend it on something that makes him happy. However, he did just treat himelf - he bought a Nintendo DS, thankfully right *before* his dad asked for money.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:45 pm

I still have a separate bank account...linked to his, but not his. When I was working, what I did with my money after rent/bills was my business. However, now that I'm not working...I don't have that freedom.

Which is why I'm looking at working up my Partylite business. So I can HAVE my money again.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:42 am

I've dated some very selfish men but I will not spew that negativity here. Done and over with, I say. I am happy that the guy I am with does not feel resentful if he pays for something. He, my current SO, is thrilled that I am do not demand therefore, is happy to give.
I was always the "good girlfriend" who will encourage the man to get what he wants for himself before me.
Such a silly thing how people are. Everyone needs a splurge on stuff the other might feel is senseless.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:09 am

The man bought me a violin for our first Christmas together because I mentioned in a random conversation always wishing I could have learned. On our first date, in September.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:12 am

Kyster, too cute!!

I can't believe some of the women out there who actually demand presents. The only thing I've demanded is a ring ;) one day.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:47 am

I've puppy-dog-eyed for something, but that's about it.

I've never demanded anything unless it was NEEDED for the house. And it was usually, "Can we please finally replace blah thing that is broken and HAS been broken?"

I never wanted to make the relationship about what I could milk him for. Not my personality.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:32 pm

Don't worry, the law has been laid down, and I do have my own money. As soon as I point out the inconsistency in the argument he usually sees my point of view.

I don't really demand stuff either. Hints are no good though because he forgets anything I ever as for. however when he gets free chocolate at work he often brings me some...he knows me too well :-D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)