My Introduction

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
Azure
Level 1
Level 1

My Introduction

Post by Azure » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:12 pm

Hello everyone, thought it would be good form to introduce myself. You can call me Azure, and I am a guy (thought I would just get that out of the way ;) ). I have been interested in Paganism and related stuff for a bit, but have now decided to begin taking a deeper look. I am not sure if these forums are very active, I see there have been a couple posts recently, so I might as well post and see.

Some background information on me. I suffer from some seriously debilitating anxiety problems, which had pretty much taken over my life. The main problem is social phobia; I have major anxiety issues with being around people. It got to the point that I dropped out of school, and have had pretty much no contact with the 'outside world' for a couple years.

I have taken a look at pretty much every religion and spiritual path out there, but for reasons I can't explain something about Paganism/Wicca seems to kind of just click a little more for me. It might have to do with the sort of 'choose your own adventure' vibe, in that there is room for personalization of your own path.

My hope is to hopefully find a path for me that I find fulfilling and beneficial, and maybe even getting to know some other like-minded people in the process. Hopefully I am in the right place, if not please let me know; and hopefully I haven't scared anyone too much already. :-k

Well, thats all I have to say for now, if you read all that... I am surprised. Thanks!

- Azure

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: My Introduction

Post by white_harmony » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Welcome to the boards :-D
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Welcome, we go through waves of how active the forums are, but feel free to read and ask questions and someone here will answer them, even if it takes a couple days.

Blessings,
RuneWulf
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Hello and welcome!

We're happy to have you :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Draconia
Level 4
Level 4
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Draconia » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:38 am

Welcome to the library. Sweetie none of us scare that easily, and we are more than happy to help answer questions. I just hope we don't scare you ;) . We offer a lot of diversity here, so I'm sure some one will have a ready answer, or at least an opinion, if not we usually know how to find one for you. And as for us old timers, we love fresh meat to stir up some activity around here =P~. Feel free to browse the forums, ask questions or just let us know what your feelings are on the subject, and pretty soon I'm sure you'll fit right in with the rest of the family.
" Drive my dead thoughts over the universe like withered leaves to quicken a new birth!" -Shelley's Ode to the West Wind

Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet again and may the god's perserve the craft

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:56 am

Welcome to the board! As for the amount of writing you had us read... well, let me put it this way... They haven't kicked me off for long posts yet! :badgrin: outtahere:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews