Why discriminate?

The Pagan Library Guest Book
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:19 pm

i think the fact that the bible is a piece of written work is enough to prove any aurgument with a rational being
My friend I'd have to disagree. The bible is almost 2000 years old, written far after Jesus died, has been translated gosh knows how many times and to encorporate what political dogma the leaders of the era chose... I don't think it's any more reliable than published claims that aliens have been sticking probes up American trailerpark citizens' arses for the last umpty-ump years or that they built the pyramids.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:49 pm

Damn, I must be sickening with something. Heres ME(!!!) giving the benefit of the doubt. #-o

My old Sargeant would have me shot so he would.:sad4: :snipe:

Kelreth. I have a book here written by one Joseph Stalin, saying it was O.K to kill millions of Georgians.

Do I go and get my gun now?

With me been a kinda rational being an' all. Because it's written it MUST be right. Right?

There. THAT feels better. :pottytrain3:

Thanks for the rationality shot Crazy Healer Lady. :love7:

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 am

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
Why did so many ppl respond to this?
The guy clearly isn't coming back.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:27 am

Trouble is, the thread remains open, and newbies do not know it's dead.

But their questions and thoughts on the topic may be worth listening too.

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:20 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:

i think the fact that the bible is a piece of written work is enough to prove any aurgument with a rational being
My friend I'd have to disagree. The bible is almost 2000 years old, written far after Jesus died, has been translated gosh knows how many times and to encorporate what political dogma the leaders of the era chose... I don't think it's any more reliable than published claims that aliens have been sticking probes up American trailerpark citizens' arses for the last umpty-ump years or that they built the pyramids.

lol sorry i wasnt being sarcastic enough then.

I beleive that the bible is a piece of work writtent ot enfold the masses into beleiving a history that never existed and never will. There are peices missing, entire chapters destroyed. It is a piece of polititcal work nothing more. Thusly, the bible is nothing more than a common book of which i have several lying on my desk.

lol teh guys not coming back cause he knows he cant win

and i am a noob sry...
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:34 am

Aye, your origional comment was a bit ambiguous. But perhaps the judicious use of our large collection of smilies may help to add sarcasm or irony, that other wise may be lost over the web, or in ones writting style.

As Arcanum Owl said, this thread was considered by most to be dead.

The moderators just haven't worked out where to bury it yet.

I think if you are interested in the topic, and have a serious point to make about it, then I would, if I were you, start a new thread on one of the main discussion boards. :-)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:25 am

lol sorry i wasnt being sarcastic enough then.
:laughing4: :laughing5: :laughing8: :laughing4: :laughing5: :laughing8:

That is just too insanely funny! *pats Kelroth on back after picking herself up from the floor* I thought you were completely serious and could not understand how you could be so reasonable in every other post and so ridiculous in this one! Gods we should all be in person where the sarcastic undertones can be detected!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:55 pm

Ragnar wrote:Trouble is, the thread remains open, and newbies do not know it's dead.
Mayhap I will just lock the topic then :-D They can read all they want, but no more will we see new threads in this topic.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

kira runningwolf
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Why discriminate?

Post by kira runningwolf » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:15 am

backoff: IT JUST TICKS ME OFF WHEN OTHERS JUDGE US,JUST BECAUSE WE WORSHIP ANOTHER RELIGION,INSTEAD OF THE CRISTIAN WAY! IT SAYS IN THE WICCAN REDE HARM NOT....SO WHAT DO WE DO WHEN OUR FEELINGS ARE HARMED? I WAS DISOWNED BY MY FAMILY,WHEN THEY FOUND OUT I WANTED TO BE PAGAN/WICCAN...
KIRA RUNNINGWOLF

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Re:

Post by Mahala » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:29 pm

Kelreth wrote:I beleive that the bible is a piece of work writtent ot enfold the masses into beleiving a history that never existed and never will. There are peices missing, entire chapters destroyed. It is a piece of polititcal work nothing more. Thusly, the bible is nothing more than a common book of which i have several lying on my desk.
:roll: Tell this to any, strict and 'mainstream' LDS missionary or bishop around Utah. I happen to live in Utah, where Christianity is mostly overruled by the Mormons. So Pagans here face a whole new strain of what I like to call 'bleached and starched' people. If you EVER said to a Mormon that their precious Book of Mormon and the Bible are nothing but fairy tales, which I avidly believe they are, they flip OUT. I tried to read through both books and gave up, because why should I need to read something that is not accurate, not real, and not written in an English I can understand. (Old English sounds great, but it's a b*** to read!) If I need something to believe, I should be able to know it by heart without being told by others, which eliminates the need to follow the flock. For the record, that's not the only reason my Mormon 'friends' avoid me. I'm Pro-choice, and (secretly, in a house that's already too judgmental...) I do support gays/lesbians/asexuals. I have nothing against Christians or Mormons, but a good portion of them will not change, but will force those around them to change with them.