childern

The Pagan Library Guest Book
snow24white80

childern

Post by snow24white80 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:51 am

:-D Greetings
how does a Pagan help raise 4 daughters when the father is a Jedi?????[/list][/b]

Vetle
Level 4
Level 4

Re: childern

Post by Vetle » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:02 am

snow24white80 wrote::-D Greetings
how does a Pagan help raise 4 daughters when the father is a Jedi?????

:scratch: That one's even tougher than Kystar's riddles.

Ummm, "with alot of love" is an acceptable answer for any "how to" question so I guess it's acceptable here too.

Maybe think about your parents and do what you think they did well and try to do what you think they didn't do well in a different way? I'm not a parent (and I think the world would be a better place if I refrain from ever having kids) so I really don't know. Maybe someone else here can be more helpful than me.

(greetings to you too, by the way)
"I just hope angels in the forest
Saw me praying in my own soul
Death is unfair - That's real pain
Remoun you...Am I almost dead?
I miss my hope; My will to live
My last farewell forever, all alone"

-Anita Auglend

2Crunchy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by 2Crunchy » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:43 am

Hmmmmmmm. :-k

Have you discussed the issue with their father? Do you all live together? What are the ages of the girls?

My parents had different religious beliefs, but my father just left all of the spiritual training to my mother. I don't see anything wrong with letting the girls experience both of your spiritual viewpoints (In a loving, non-contradictory way). You probably want them to choose their own spiritual path when they are older, right?
Come to the Dark Side.....
We have cookies! :)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:42 am

I'm confused, exactly what do you mean by :
when the father is a Jedi?

My mind takes it about four different places...so I'd need clarification before I can help you.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Rain
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rain » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:50 pm

The Jedi path compliments the pagan one very well, it really shouldn't be an issue.

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:36 pm

In my honest opinion, (pagan parents on the board please don't take offense), it is better to not raise a child in any religious belief structure as it seems more like brainwashing when they are too young to really care about religion. My own mother raised me that way, and only discussed religion with me when I started asking questions about it. This way I was allowed to explore on my own and I got to see many different types of belief systems and form my own ideas and beliefs without having anything forced on me. Just my opinion though. :-)
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Aero2600
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Aero2600 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:25 pm

I have to agree 100% with Morgana on this one. Religion shouldn't be an issue in children's lives. Just my two cents..

Aero
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security. -- Benjamin Franklin
Please stop hurting America -- Jon Stewart

2Crunchy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by 2Crunchy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:29 am

I disagree. Children have a constant barrage of questions about everything. A lot of their issues require spiritual explanations. "What are ghosts?" "Where does God live?" "Are we like germs to God?" "Do we feel the worms eat us when we are dead?" "Where do we go when we die?" And most recently after seeing just a brief glimpse of the Pope's funeral on TV: "Mommy, is God dead?"

These are all questions I've had from my children in just the past week or so. You cannot answer any of these questions without imparting some of your spiritual beliefs. I will not force a particular belief system down my children's throats, but I will answer them honestly when it comes to spiritual questions. And they will also celebrate pagan holidays with us. You HAVE to raise your children in spirituality. They are highly spiritual creatures (even more so than adults I think) and they crave spiritual knowledge and explanations.

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:53 pm

::shrugs:: to each their own I guess. Yes children ask questions, and you can give them your personal opinion by saying "well mommy believes..." and certainly there is nothing wrong with celebrating a holiday. I still celebrate Christmas, and my mom STILL gets me an easter basket, though these things were never associated with a particular religious belief, they were just holidays. I also was allowed to celebrate Hanukkah with family friends. I just don't agree with teaching children a religion when they are too young to grasp certain concepts of it. It also tends to put into their minds that mommy and/or daddy's religion is the RIGHT religion, which tends to limit their ability to accept other religions as equally valid. This is just the way I view things though, so please don't be offended. It's all just a good-natured debate. :-)
"Love like you've never been hurt."

2Crunchy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by 2Crunchy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:38 pm

morgana wrote: It also tends to put into their minds that mommy and/or daddy's religion is the RIGHT religion, which tends to limit their ability to accept other religions as equally valid. This is just the way I view things though, so please don't be offended. It's all just a good-natured debate. :-)

Certainly not offended. If there is anything that I would like to "teach" my children about spirituality it is religious tolerance and open-mindedness.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 11, 2005 11:45 pm

[quote="2Crunchy"]And most recently after seeing just a brief glimpse of the Pope's funeral on TV: "Mommy, is God dead?"

Refer child to Frierich Nietsche.

Librarian
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Librarian » Thu May 12, 2005 6:17 pm

Ragnar wrote:
2Crunchy wrote:And most recently after seeing just a brief glimpse of the Pope's funeral on TV: "Mommy, is God dead?"

Refer child to Frierich Nietsche.

When you click on one of the buttons above, you enter your text and click the button again to close the tag.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 12, 2005 11:22 pm

Aye, I know the theory but my computer doesn't.
THAT is all I get. Unless this changes on submit, then this letter ios supurfulous (GREAT spelling huh?). YES BB, HTML, every thing is activated.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 12, 2005 11:24 pm

Ha!, O.K, but it did not work last time.
Any way thanks for the help.