There goes the neighborhood

The Pagan Library Guest Book
Graver
Level 4
Level 4

There goes the neighborhood

Post by Graver » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:37 pm

Well, I was browsing Google for an anti-KKK message board, and it provided me with a think to some article were some Klansmen tried to attack some pagans and ended up running away with their wooden crosses between their legs. That article was on this site, and so I found this site and became interested.

About me:
Bad news, folks. He's a Christian Fundy.
Good news, folks. He's not here to spread either aspect around.

I've previously been a member on the exwitch forums ( a supposedly Christian forum dedicated to witches and wiccas that converted to Christianity) and my experience there was absolutely dreadful. So, I'm hoping maybe the real thing will be more pleasant.

Basically, I'm hear to figure out what the Hell (no pun intended) you're all about. I've only had limited experience with pagans. One girl who claimed to be a Christian then started doing some questionable stuff which we told her to lead down a bad path, she denied it could, then eventually became a quasi-wicca whose best friend is now a rain spirit... So yeah, I'd like to know if that's on par or not.

I don't plan on creating any flames and fully expect that no flames will be directed at me.
Maybe not?

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:24 am

Welcome Graver,

a honest question will get you a honest answer here; so feel free to do so.
As for the flaming part, we don't like that either (but we do love heated discussion 8-) ).

Katsu
/|\

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:56 am

As stated, we don't like flaming here. If you ask questions, we will give you answers, but if you don't like them, well... that's when we usually end up with problems.

Most "Christian Fundies" ask the questions but only want certain answers, and when they don't get the answers they want - when the answers they get are backed up by hard, solid facts - they start to get really nasty, they put their fingers in their ears and start shouting loudly about the word of the bible being beyond questioning.

If you get like that, sorry, but you'll get banned. But if you honestly are looking to learn something about our beliefs - and your own - you are quite welcome to hang around.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Graver
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graver » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:44 am

Good to know. In the message board I spoke of previously, I was attacked by the pagan and atheists in that community in my Intro thread.

I doubt I'll have trouble with the answers I get. I'm a bit on the fringe of Christian society (I'm considerably "goth"), so I've got a bit of a different outlook on things than some.

Thank you for the welcome!
Maybe not?

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:02 pm

Hello and welcome :D

We've had some VERY bad experiences with Fundies. I do NOT mean Christians, but Fundies.

But, every religion is beautiful in its own way ^_^ And as long as you realize that, you'll fit in just fine here :D
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:46 pm

Every path is valid, so long as you understand that it may not be the path for somebody else. Understand that, and we can get along just fine. :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:17 am

Hello. >:D<

I am Ragnar. Nice to see you here :angel4:

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:50 am

Hello welcome to the boards, I'm SageWolf, and I'll be your tour guide this evening, Now we are entering the pub, sit back and relax, what kind of drink would you like? *Glances over and See Rag doing the Lord of the Dance Dance, and tried to keep a straight face* Now where is that darn bartender?

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Graver
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graver » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:53 am

Do any of you know a guy named Lane? I just received a PM from a member who seemed to believe I am someone named Lane.
Maybe not?

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:00 am

No Lane "on the books".

Member or moderator member?

Send me a PM with details, and I will look into it.

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:22 pm

A little late, but, Hello, hello! :hello2: We're all a bit strange, but if you can deal with the insanity, you'll find deep and thought provoking answears to most of your questions. And if you stick around long enough, we might be able to find the bar keep for you. :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Graver
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graver » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:07 pm

Offering a self-proclaimed "fundy" liquer? Are you guys trying to seduce me withy your devil-drink already?

... Ok! I'll have a Red Bull and Vodka, please.
Maybe not?

Graver
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graver » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:23 am

Sorry, all. I tried not to get angry but I can only take so much hypocrisy before I fling it back in someone's face.
Maybe not?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:14 am

Huh? Willow is confused?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:52 am

I must have missed the hypocrisy. Can you reference us to whatever it was that made you angry?
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake