Witchschool.com

We have a large directory of links and more being submitted all the time. Here we can discuss those submissions.

Witch School - good or bad?

Good
25%
Bad
75%

Total votes: 16

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Witchschool.com

Post by Kitsune » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:37 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Actually no... I was actually thinking about whether a platform like MSN could handle me sending an audio file over it without it getting lost on the way. :-k #-o That's what I get for being out of town and distracted while responding to stuff in here. :roll: :lol:

I am not known for my subtly, apparently. :-#

I can certainly send the two episodes through on email though! \:D/
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:43 pm

* chuckles * whichever cher... Your summary would be fine though ;) :lol:
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Librarian

Post by Librarian » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:19 am

Kitsune wrote::oops: :oops: :oops:

Actually no... I was actually thinking about whether a platform like MSN could handle me sending an audio file over it without it getting lost on the way. :-k #-o That's what I get for being out of town and distracted while responding to stuff in here. :roll: :lol:

I am not known for my subtly, apparently. :-#

I can certainly send the two episodes through on email though! \:D/
Have you tried Dropbox? My girlfriend and I transfer files back and forth all the time. (http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTQwMTE1ODA5)
-----
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/weygold
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gweygold
Home: http://www.weygold.com/

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:50 am

I use drop box to keep my iPad, iPhone and MacBookPro sync'd with certain files and for backup, but I've never tried using it's sharing features. Hadn't really thought of it with my current limited brain capacity I've been pretty much task oriented lately and dealing with things one at a time, lol.

It's a good thought though.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:29 pm

That is a good thought. I've heard of drop box before but never found anyone who uses it.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Mab SoulTamer
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Mab SoulTamer » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:55 am

I like your answers runewolf. I joined a few weeks ago and I like it so far. Doesn't mean I believe everything, it is up to me to study, weed through things, and then determine what I want to do with what I have learned. I am still new to the Wiccan path, and I have tons of books and lots of internet sites on my favorite places and I found that I liked listening to the youtube.com version of the school, so I joined. It's free and when I'm done with the free part, I can determine whether I wish to continue or not. Mab

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:36 am

Mab - it is always good to have an open mind, best for this path.

As far as those tons of books and reference - always look with a critical eye. One of the sure give aways is that some "is required" or "must be done" such and such a way to be pagan.

The path is about personal responsibility, but with that also comes personal choice in how you practice.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Mab SoulTamer
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Mab SoulTamer » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Dark Waters,
Take it from this old crone, I have an open mind and I love to read, it is my responsibility to decide what is garbage and what is good stuff in the books, and of course, those things which I like. It all comes down to what feels right and comfortable, I think.
I'm on this journey just over a year and finding it a wonderful experience. I have inner peace just from reading and studying and learning, never seemed to have that before, so I feel it is a good thing. It was meant to be, just wish I hadn't waited so long to open my heart, mind and soul to it. I sometimes want to shout "I'm Wiccan" from my roof top, but I don't think the world is ready for that, especially not my neighborhood.
Thank you for your reply... Mab

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:32 pm

Merci Mab,

You've taken the right attitude. Take everything with at least a small grain of salt and verify when possible. Aside from that, it's really about your journey. Are there some things that it's best to do or not to do in some situations, magically, oui, but foundations are what they are. Once you've learned the basics, everything else just adds to it. Same goes for general spiritual practice, no matter the "denomination". They all have similarities, sacred space, consecration, blessing, banishing, etc. etc. etc. However how each goes about it can be a little or sometimes a lot different. Close your eyes and reach out from inside though, and you can feel the similarities that underlay them.

A bad and cheesy example would be something like this. Bad idea and I'd call whoever tried it an idiot for doing so, but trying to summon an actual elemental or other entity that can potentially effect you without laying the proper ground work and having the foundation training to do so. Kinda like trying to glue down the gunpowder in dynamite using cheap, scented candles. It might work, but there's a good chance you're gonna blow yourself up. A little study and you'd learn the proper options to utilize. Our paths are the same, how I do something may not be the same way Davish or Kitsune would do it, or CHL or Librarian, etc. however, there are similarities more often than not, even if not apparent. Those are the pieces folks need to learn. The rest is personal evolution.

That is why I tell everyone to study from multiple sources, that way you get the whole "verify" thing. Also, you get to see different peoples paths, differences, similarities, etc. And that helps one with developing their own, personal practices. Aside from that, it's all experiential. Your path develops based on your experiences, practices and preferences. So, if witch school is something you find is helpful for you right now, go with it. Stop when it's no longer what you need or not providing a benefit to you any longer.

Good luck on your journey :-)

Mab SoulTamer
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Mab SoulTamer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:35 pm

I've also considered taking lessons from the Magicka School, not sure if this should be on another post, but this way I can decide after a year each of learning which way my path leads me. There are so many online schools and courses to take and, unfortunately, I don't have a lot of teachers near me so this is the route I have to take. I'm kind of enjoying it though because I can take it at my speed. I almost have to complete the course as to be able to make a decision based on what I've taken away from the class/school... Mab

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:42 pm

It sounds like you've laid out a good, solid plan. I will be interested to hear what you think about each school afterwards and how they compare. Online schools in occult, spiritual and metaphysical stuff is fairly new. Those of us who predate the net in our practices never had that as an option, so I'm always interested in what is being taught, by whom and how well.

Keep is posted and don't let anyone make you doubt your choices there. As long as you never take something as gospel and try to verify from multiple sources, you'll evolve what you learn into the perfect path for you, the individual. And that, cher, is the goal of any good practice. To make it so much yours that it is a part of who you are, not something you just do or practice at times. Cheesy as it sounds, but considering I just drove from Lincoln City, OR to just north of Eureka, CA today it's kinda apropros... "keep on truckin'" you're doin just fine :-D

Mab SoulTamer
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Mab SoulTamer » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:42 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement, runewolf. I intend to take as many courses, schools, lessons or whatever else that is available out there and then bring in the truths from each and maybe take the best of each and from there gather what is best for me. I also want to learn though from historians and find out where some of the religions come from and the why and how it got lost. I've been finding it interesting how things in religion all start out from the "big bang" theory but described in another way, such as Diana dividing herself off and coming down to the lower planes. There is a lot of information out there and I never realized how overwhelming but interesting it all is. I definitely love my path and the learning process seems to make me stronger with it each day. I too was in the age many years ago when there was no comparison and not a lot of stuff on the net, it's amazing how we have evolved in the past 50, 25, even 10 years... Mab

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:38 am

I know it's been a few years. What were your experiences? I'm slowly beginning to expand on my learnings and would love to know what you discovered.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown