Pagan Poetry Competition

We have a large directory of links and more being submitted all the time. Here we can discuss those submissions.
Sìle
Level 3
Level 3

Pagan Poetry Competition

Post by Sìle » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:19 am

"Inspirations"

The Pagan Poetry Pages are proud to announce the latest poetry competition. We've posted two images as inspiration - all you have to do is look and write a poem. The best, most original take on it wins! The winner will receive a great prize: a £20 gift voucher for Amazon UK or Amazon US AND a free copy of "Pagan Paeans", the first Pagan Poetry Pages anthology to be released on May 1st, 2009.

Please post your entries in the Pagan Poetry Pages site, in the section entitled "PPP competitions". If you are not already a member, just register; it's free and very easy to do.

Pagan Poetry Pages

See also: Now Public and Indy Media Ireland for the press releases.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

I've always enjoyed my time at the PPP, but this competition should make things more interesting and the £20 voucher is nothing to be sniffed at, either.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Pagan Poetry Competition

Post by Kitsune » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Ooohhh, I've have to go take a look. Not that I write that much poetry, but I do love contests! Are Canadians eligible (not that I won't find out when I get on the site, but just for those who may not have the time to wander over there)? :-) \:D/
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Sìle
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Pagan Poetry Competition

Post by Sìle » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:47 pm

Kitsune wrote:Ooohhh, I've have to go take a look. Not that I write that much poetry, but I do love contests! Are Canadians eligible (not that I won't find out when I get on the site, but just for those who may not have the time to wander over there)? :-) \:D/
Every nationality is eligible. In fact, you don't have to be pagan to enter, either, if the poem is pagan-themed.

Poems, stories, etc. don't have to be pagan if the author is. Actually, witches, regardless of their religious inclination are also welcome, as are all occultists. The PPP are pretty lax in how they define pagan. :lol: