angry shadow vs 'normal' shadow things

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.

Ever have to deal with angry spirits?

Yes
69%
No
15%
Sometimes
8%
All the time
8%

Total votes: 13

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

angry shadow vs 'normal' shadow things

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:01 am

I have a very strange question, how do I get rid of one angry spirit that only shows up every now and again while keeping the rest of my shadow things? I have this one mean spirit man in the doorway of my bathroom that only shows up about twice a week but never around the same time of the week, just when he feels like it. He shows up at night and our bath is in our bedroom, you have to walk through the bed to get to the bath, I know, crazy apt designs. If I smudge often he doesn't come around, but neither does my regular shadows, and my regulars don't hurt nothing, they just hang around, I kinda like them, so I wanna keep them but find away to get rid of the other one. When we first saw the place and moved in everything seemed fine, and everything seems fine now, like no bad vibes or anything, just when he feels like showing up. I wonder, can spirits follow you around? I know my normal ones do, but I kinda thought angry spirits might have bounds or something. Like contract conditions or rules to play by, I don't really have much experience with pissed spirits or ppl spirits, usually just critters that don't mean any harm. He's a middle aged man in a long over coat, maybe a rain coat. He always stands right in front of the bath room looking in, until he sees me then he looks at me, he's one of the reasons I go to bed when the sun comes up and not in the middle of the night. I don't think he would hurt me, but I don't wanna chance it. Reo hasn't noticed him yet and I'm hoping that if Reo doesn't notice him, he won't notice Reo. Also, I think someone was killed in our old apt, but not sure, I noticed blood spots on the bottom of the bath tub one day and asked the apt ppl and they freaked out. Our old apt didn't have any bad vibes either and I didn't have to smudge often at all, this is the first I've had this problem. Our old apt is only a mile away, that's why I ask about them following a person. I have wardings on the doors and windows so I don't know what's going on. Any help would be appreciated.
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:06 am

there is either a shadow that is extremely interested in communicating with me or im more paranoid than i originally thought. A shadow seems to follow me around my familys house every now and then.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:56 pm

Hello

In my house we get lots of travellers. They stay for a while and leave. Others pass right through. We get bad ones now and again (not since I put up heavy duty wards... so far). I did have one in here that scared my niece (GRRRRRR) and had to deal with it.

Dealing with aggressive spirits required confrontation. You cannot be fearful. You have nothing to fear.

Check out my topic on Negative Entity and see what you can gain from it.
http://www.paganlibrary.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3447

If that doesn't help, PM me. I have something that may help that I do not want to put up for any ol' person to see.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:15 pm

I've found that Turquoise and Amethyst help in keeping aggressive entities at bay, Turquoise especially. Usually I hold them in my hands and whisper a little prayer to them, asking them to guard a particular room, and place them in either direct sunlight or moonlight, or whatever the stone is better at collecting energy from without my help. A sort of set it and forget it, type of thing that works for me.

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:54 pm

Thanks C.H.L. After posting last night I went looking around for info, your post was very helpful. It reminded me to use my rock candle holder, I have a big chunk of Quartz hollowed out in the middle to put a tea light candle in it, lately it's just been holding up books, your post reminded me to put it to use again ;) If I can't fix this the normal way, I'll pm you, thank you so much!

Rockhopper, I didn't know you could use Amethyst to keep spirits at bay, I knew Turquoise was good for spirits, but only calling them in, I didn't know you could use it to send them out too, thanks.

Ok, I've put up the Quartz candle and just in case I need it, I've spent an hour loading a piece of Turquoise. Maybe that will buy me some time.

He came back last night after I posted, I could feel him on this side of the kitchen, the bath and kitchen share a wall, it's almost like he's getting madder or something. I think this weekend I'll see if I can't get Reo out for a night while I take care of this guy. I can't just ignore him, he'll only get worse if I do, like a little kid wanting attention, ignoring him is fine, till someone gets hurt. I'll keep you all updated.
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:43 am

there is a chance that channelling a lot of "good" or light energy could just piss it off
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:50 pm

Very true
You fight dark with dark. You don't bring a sword to a gun fight.

May I send you some extra energy for when you start working on this guy?
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:21 am

Ok, he hasn't shown up to night. I haven't put up the Quartz again, I only want to buy a week, not a year.

Last night he stirred a little, but only like he was annoyed or sad, not sure which, and left. I'm hoping he'll show up Friday or Saturday night and I can deal with him then.

I almost feel sad for the guy, like behind all that anger is just endless sadness... :-( Oh dear! Is my Pisces showing? ;)

Ok, so explain why light and love might not work and just make him madder? I thought that in the end love could conquer all? Yes, I am aware that life is not a Disney movie, but Mother herself has based all of life on love and she is in everyone of us, dead and living alike, as we are like her, why wouldn't her methods work? I'm all for the destruction and balance and big guns and everything, but he's already dead, so death's not doing it's job.

Why? Why would he want to stay where he is not wanted? "Man makes his own daemons with the hatred in his own heart." If he is angry, is it to stay and change the world? To get his revenge? For the world to know his pain? Surely not, as only a select few even know he's here still. Maybe to right his wrongs? Maybe he's after indirect change, a sort of show-and-tell?

I know, you all think it's stupid of me to try and reason with this, but he was human once, and if it were you or me who were so distraught as to put off crossing over, wouldn't you want someone to help? Someone to listen? :GHug: Or would you rather someone blast your scary butt back into the darkness? :rock:

C.H.L. Thank you lots for offering some help, but what's the worst he can do? Remind me that I'm mortal? He can't even fight off a chunk of Quartz! Maybe I take him too lightly, but he reminds me of a tree, not much now, but if I leave him alone, he will become bigger. My main concern is for Reo, he sleeps at night and he doesn't know much about stuff like this. Just that he's grandfather was a great Onmyoji, a Japanese sorcerer, and a little I taught him, but most of that is for during the day. I didn't think I'd have to worry about this till we got to Japan, that place is crawling with angry spirits!

I guess I'll spend this week preparing for..... the final showdown! :smt027

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:17 am

Good luck

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:45 am

Certainly love conquers all. Love is all-healing. It is the love of the Creator - however you see the Creator to be - that we channel when we heal, through Reiki, Hands On Healing, etc. It is the most powerful force in the world.

BUT

Free will, my dear, can override it. We have free will that can choosed to accept or deny love, light, and healing. If we could just fill each angry spirit with love and suddenly they would be happy and leave on their own accord it would be very nice. It is seen as a sort of energy attack, and because of free will, it will not effect one like him, only make one angrier. It's the sword in the gunfight.

This is definately not to say that you should dabble in the dark stuff. I myself will not, but had to choice but to learn about it in order to deal with psychic attacks and an angry spirit.

Indeed you should feel sorry for him. He was human, as you say, and should be treated as one. But when a stranger comes in to a party and starts picking fights or staring people down or causing any form of mischief you send him out. Unfortunately with flesh and blood you cannot send them to a place to be healed, but you can with spirits. This is where love conquers all comes in.
C.H.L. Thank you lots for offering some help, but what's the worst he can do? Remind me that I'm mortal?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Ha ha ha! Yeah pretty much! :lol: :lol:

I have seen some nasty outcomes from angry spirits, and I was thinking more of these instances last night than a normal visitor. I keep switching from, "Okay, she's fine," to "She needs some help!" sporratically, as often happens with internet because you cannot tell the whole story through subtle nuances body posture.
Crazy Healer Lady

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:14 pm

I wanna thank you C.H.L.! You have been most helpful! I see your point about the sword at a gun fight, I'm not so sure Jet Li's high kick could win against Rambo's rocket launcher! lol! :lol: I think I'll try to reason with him a little and if he doesn't respond well, then I'll get nasty! :evil: I'm all for the dark arts, I just don't use them often, but I've got it if I ever need it. If you're responsible and if used as a counter-attack, not so bad, but if you just go all willy-nilly and start hexing ppl because you can, that's not so good. Moderation is key. :-D

For those that are keeping up or for future reference, I got curious and did a tarot read for/about him. A sort of study into the human mind/soul. It was the most I've every had reversed cards and major cards in the same read, and yes, I shuffled well, I must have spent near 5 mins shuffling and thinking of him. The lay out was as follows:

1 2 3 detailed past
4 5 6 detailed present
7 8 9 detailed future

1. reversed queen of rods
2. reversed death
3. reversed lovers
4. reversed queen of pentacles
5. reversed the emperor
6. reversed the hierophant
7. reversed queen of swords
8. reversed eight of swords
9. the empress

Crazy read, huh? Kinda like a bad soap on NBC. lol

Ok, so I spent today getting stuff ready, meaning I cleaned the house. For some reason I can't work with a dirty house, it makes me feel distracted. It's hard trying to work and at the same time think " Uhm, I should clean those mirrors...." I dusted off my old brass bell and cowery shell necklaces, fixed up a bag of sea salt and have steadily been pumping energy into that piece of Turquoise in case I need some extra juice.

C.H.L., I would really like to hear some of your stories! PLZ!!!! That includes the rest of you! If you've got stories, share, you never know who they might help! ;) Chances are, I won't be the only one who comes into Pagan Library and asks about angry spirits.

As there is no sign of him yet, it's only 1 am, I'll keep ya'll informed.
"1:00 And all's well!"

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:05 am

Okay here's a story for you;

I used to live in a share house with White Harmony and 2 other friends, rather large, 2 storey house. Access to downstairs involved walking down a ramp via the backyard, one of the darkest backyard you could possibly come across and here is why. I don't really understand the concept but that house was basically a gateway as a result entities would traverse through our place every flamin' night. At one stage we set up wards around the perimeter of the property and we could see them all huddled around the ward line.

Did I mention this was where I kinda jumped into all this, for lack of a better word, "woo woo". Drowning in deep water is a more correct definition, however. The house also had some history, we had a small boy who would sit in the front yard looking at the house covered in flames, a young girl hung herself in the bathroom, there was also the death of a young child at the hands of his parents and also some cranky old man in one of the bedrooms.

We would hear cupboard doors opening and shutting (just the sounds never actually moved), your shadow would continue walking down the main hall if you stopped suddenly, my bedroom ceiling was a sea of boiling shadows (kinda made it hard to fall asleep sometimes).

Never again would I ever live in that house, also did I mention one of the friends was a psychic vampire. lol that place was nuts.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:17 am

wow sounds like a fun place ;)

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:15 am

Arcanum, I would never be able to sleep there, I have one protective spirit and one unknown but helpful and sometimes they keep me up, I can't imagine the negative guys.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:41 pm

Yikes!!! Eery house...

Myself I shall tell a few... I saw my animals after they died when I was a small child. My sister's cat, particularly, one day confronted me. I saw him on our lawn. The colours were dazzling, you know those days where everything looks like you are wearing a diffusion filter... and a star filter at the same time... (Photography nerds you know what I mean.) He was just staring at me, so orange against the green grass. It was so weird. And I looked away as he was walking away and then he was gone.

I saw my best friend's dad in the barn where he hung himself, holding his face and screaming at the window. I jumped on my bike, forgetting it had no brakes down the huge hill to the road to my house. I jumped off and the bike kept going, and then suddenly swerved into the blackberry bushes like someone grabbed the handles and pushed it, and when it and I would have reached the road a car went by.

What else... I would not sleep in my room when I was about twelve. There was something very very bad in there. I slept in the bathtub, in my mom's car, in the livingroom... everywhere but my bedroom. My friends even were freaked out in there. Then, after a few months, it suddenly went away...

I would always hear my name being screamed out right before I went to bed from as long as I can remember to a few years ago.

There was that entity that went into my niece's room. We've had lots of other bad guys come through and stay for a bit, but they always left after a while. I think when I learned to walk through my house in the dark without freaking out when I walk through someone (about 2-3 people when I walk from my room to the bathroom and back...). I just say, "Oh, hello. You can stay if you are good," and keep on, the bad guys started leaving quicker.

My sister and her friends played with Ouija downstairs, and their candles went out and a bunch of crazy stuff happened. We live near a Rez and also near the cliche "Old Indian Burial Ground" somewhere off our property, and all the friends that have grown up on the Rez tell us there are bad bad spirits in the forests around my house and in our house. They follow a crooked path and all take every drug under the sun, and their sweatlodges are violent and dark. The forest around here has sasquatches (closer to the Rezes though) and lots of beings, but no dark spirits. Only powerful and true ones.

Holy jeez this is long! I shall stop now.
Crazy Healer Lady