Pink - Dear Mr President - Live

A song in my heart...
Librarian

Pink - Dear Mr President - Live

Post by Librarian » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:42 pm

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:56 pm

Kudos to her. That has got to be the best song written about that kinda thing in a long long time. Absolutely brilliant.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Tagwen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tagwen » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:23 am

Librarian what do you want us to say? That he's doing a bad job? Then why did he get elected?

I don't place importance on the same things as him, but he's trying to do what rights even if it's ruining people lives.

If you want us to judge him, well I can't since I can place myself in his shoes and see through his eyes. Maybe the fault doesn't lie with him, as much as with the way he was raised... and the way the people he's fighting (terrorist) was raised. Fighting shall always hurt people, but there are always people ready to fight with there bodies not minds.

Why?

They where raised that way.
I might be weak and pathetic, lacking resolve and full of arrogance mistook for confidence. But am walking forward thus I can hold my head high.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:52 am

He was elected??? :smt102 :smt104

Thanks for the link, Librarian :) I love this woman so much. Can't wait until the link actually loads... o__O She's still introducing it...
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:15 am

Tagwen wrote:Librarian what do you want us to say? That he's doing a bad job? Then why did he get elected?
Elections mean nothing. All they have to do is fool enough people for one day, Have half the voting machines "go wrong", deny the vote to large numbers of the population by "clerical error", then they have four or five years to do what they want, and NO one can stop them, because they were "elected".

Librarian

Post by Librarian » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:53 am

The song doesn't have to talk about Bush specifically, it can apply to all people in power, past and present.

As for elections, we now know that the powers in place would prefer the status quo. A dumbing down of the population allows hem to feed the voters whatever story they wish while doing whatever they wish.

The current administration has taken it to the next level by restricting what you can read and say. One of the first things they did was to extend the ability to declare matters top secret, even welfare information. That was done before 9/11/2001!

Would you believe you can receive an NSL, National Security Letter, that requests all sorts of information from you, and you can't even consult an attorney about it/ That's because NSL can't be disclosed to anyone except the receiver, you can't even tell somebody you got one!

Welcome to the USSA... (no, that wasn't a typo, figure it out)

Tagwen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tagwen » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:00 am

Ragnar if your logic wouldn't be humorist I would say your looking for a fight. :lol: :lol:

In Canada if the party in control can be kicked out if they fail a non-confidence vote. I suppose elections could be ridged, yet quite frankly I don't think of that since am a naif person who likes too see the good in people. (talk about a good flaw ;) ).

If elections can be rigged then the flaw isn't just in Bush but also some more people.

I wonder which way would be good to chose a nations leader; since, you can pick a hard worker who knows nothing on some subjects and he won't do a perfect job.

This brings us to the conclusion that it isn't a person who is wrong but society since we allow such people to live among us (ignorants). Yet are we not all ignorant. This is what wraps my thoughts in a knot: we are all ignorants seeking knowledge on one subject or another.

To quote my french teacher "On vie dans une société malade" = We live in a sick society.
And I view ignorance as the illness, one from we all suffer and strive to cure. All you need to see it is look at this forum to see us searching for the philosopher's stone and it's elixir.

edit for Librarian's post

Something to do with USSR... but hey that I can see as extreme, yet again we point a finger to his life experience (chief of CIA i think). Am going to be curious what the next president does...
I might be weak and pathetic, lacking resolve and full of arrogance mistook for confidence. But am walking forward thus I can hold my head high.

Librarian

Post by Librarian » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:32 am

Tagwen wrote:edit for Librarian's post

Something to do with USSR... but hey that I can see as extreme, yet again we point a finger to his life experience (chief of CIA i think). Am going to be curious what the next president does...
Actually it was his dad who was chief of the CIA. You know, the guy who DIDN'T want to go into Iraq? 8-)

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:34 am

Tagwen, there is a HUGE difference between ignorance and simply not knowing something, in my opinion. Certainly it is acceptable to not know something, cuz nobody knows EVERYTHING, it's just not possible. But IGNORANCE is a huge problem. Ignorance is not knowing, and not really caring (or wanting) to know. When it comes to the average Joe, yes, an astounding amount of people ARE ignorant. When it comes to the leader of a country though, you should not be allowed to be ignorant. Ignorance leads to such horrible things as 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina. Both times he supposedly "didn't know" that these things could happen, but on later inspection, he was warned of both things being possibilities WAY in advance, and simply didn't care to do anything to prevent them.
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:01 pm

If elections can be rigged then the flaw isn't just in Bush but also some more people.
Certainly. Bush is a puppet, mon ami. He is a dangerous idiot, but certainly he is a puppet to some extent. There are many dangerous men running your country, "losing" votes from ghetto (and mostly black) communities, telling lies, fixing elections, bombing innocent people for oil instead of the WMDs that everyone knew wasn't really there. Monkey-faced, bull-headed jacka** would not surprise me if he used your constitution to stay in office for another couple years under the guise of protection.

*puff puff puff*

A bit of a venting. Sorry.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:59 am

Tagwen wrote:Ragnar if your logic wouldn't be humorist I would say your looking for a fight. Laughing Laughing
Pretty risky thing to say to someone who's favourite pub is "The Angels Place" in Maryhill Glasgow. 8-) 8-)
Then you have to ask, why is it in their interests to have an extremely pliable, and total idiot in charge? *#
Crazy Healer Lady wrote:There are many dangerous men running your country,
If that's to Tagwen. He's Canadian.
morgana wrote: Both times he supposedly "didn't know" that these things could happen, but on later inspection, he was warned of both things being possibilities WAY in advance, and simply didn't care to do anything to prevent them.
Well. What was he supposed to do about 9/11? Arrest every arab attempting to get on an airoplane? Shoot down 4 fully loaded passenger jets over the middle of New York?
*# The CIA have not had trouble opperating without presidential concent before. Why now?

To make the President look stupid? (Well MORE stupid).

Tagwen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tagwen » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:50 am

Well Ragnar the person running OUR country is a guy called Steven Harper who is a Bush wannabe according to the liberal insulting campaign.

For Morgana's post : Not knowing and not knowing one is ignorant is to me the same thing. I don't know heads or tails about the Bush situation I only know the news which is less then helpful; however, am not here to bash him for not taking action. We make mistakes, he's the country's leader so his mistakes are bigger. He's learning, it might not be the best time but I must believe it.

If I where to vote I wouldn't vote for him, but that doesn't make him the source of all problems.

Am having a hard time defending him; since I don't want to. :lol:

I've concluded people shouldn't listen to me since I like looking for a fight :lol: .

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:21 am

Tagwen wrote:Well Ragnar the person running OUR country is a guy called Steven Harper who is a Bush wannabe according to the liberal insulting campaign.
I do get the impression that all the worlds news outlets use the Worlds dislike of Bush as an easy and cheap way of insulting any other world leader. They do not even have to be very imaginative in their writing. Simply accusing some one of being "Bush's poodle" (Blair/Howard), or "Bush wannabee" (Harper), is all they have to do.

Any way. This topic seems in serious danger of getting into "News and politics" territory.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:19 am

#-o GEEZ! I forgot you were Canadian!!!! #-o I apologize :lol: while laughing

BOTH countries are run by dangerous men. And the accusations that Harper is a mini-Bush are not just foundless slander. We are in serious danger of losing the right for gay people to marry. Child tax benefits are already being hacked away at. I don't even want to think what he will do to Hospice and Elderly Care programs, although truthfully I have not seen his policies on this yet and I may be worrying for nothing. Our environment is scr***d with him around. But hey, at least our military is busy :roll: in our own mini-Iraq, with our muskets and water dingies.
Any way. This topic seems in serious danger of getting into "News and politics" territory.
Very true. May I ask: Is this a bad thing? That is something I am still unsure of with forum rules and etiquette.
Crazy Healer Lady

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:35 am

Quote:

Very true. May I ask: Is this a bad thing?
Shouldn't think so. Have you ever seen a thread that stays on topic for more than five posts at a time? :-D

PROOF of the evolution theory.