Are any of you into the Ipod/Mp3 Player craze?

A song in my heart...
VoudunLady25
Level 2
Level 2

Are any of you into the Ipod/Mp3 Player craze?

Post by VoudunLady25 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:43 am

I know ipods are especially popular with us youngin's to fill GB and GB's of endless tunes, but I want to know if any of you pagans out there love this little device just like I do (or own one).

I personally love my nano to pump up in the streets or to relax at home. I'm a music junkie so I bascially need almost every new piece of music-related technology that comes out there. Anyone else feel the same way I do? And if you do have an ipod, what do you mostly fill it up with?
Religion is like going to McDonald's. Why should I be enemies with you because you choose to walk and I choose to drive?

"Behind every great tyrant is God.."

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:24 am

I would by an I-pod for one sole reason.....

to repeatedly hit it over and over with a hammer!

I'm a complete and utter music/mp3 nut! but I despise all things mac :P I-pod being one of the worse! I have a Rio, not great, but £60 and 5GB! Can't complain. An ACTUAL warranty where I get a new player if it breaks and they tell me what happens when they fix it!

So yes.... I am rather neurotic when it comes to I-pods....
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:34 am

Don't have one and I can't justify one. I don't even own a digital camra.

I want to wait for a bit until the technology gets a little better.

On an off note though, My friend was listenting to her portable CD player (A machine that plays those round disky things) and made the rather snarky comment "Nice CD Player."

My friend looks at her and goes "Excuse me, its an Ipod macro!"

ten points for quick wit!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

VoudunLady25
Level 2
Level 2

Post by VoudunLady25 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:26 am

an Ipod MACRO? What the hell?, lol.
Religion is like going to McDonald's. Why should I be enemies with you because you choose to walk and I choose to drive?

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:02 am

My Phone is a digital camera (1.3), a very limited mp3 player, and cell phone. I can also do videos on it. Highly useful. However, I am looking forward to getting my PSP later this summer. Not only can I buy memory cards so I can hold all of my MP3's and video game info, but it will also hold and play all of my AMV's and Anime Movies that I can transfer to computer. Looking forward to it.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:22 am

My phone has that to but, Erk, barely 30....
But no were near enough space..

CD players become tedious.. i had to carry like 20 cd's with me...

lunaria
Level 5
Level 5

Post by lunaria » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:55 pm

What I have isn't an iPod, per say, but I think its better. It holds just as much as the largest type of iPod, plus I can add extra memory to it, and it plays videos and stores pictures. Its about the size of a game boy advance though, but it DID cost 100 dollars less, so its still better.

And, anyways. Mac is an evil company who uses the power of hot guys in commercials to make them look better than other computers.
Hey look... I got a new icon....

So what if its Sailor Moon again? *shifty eyes*

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:06 pm

Well folks, I'm so far out of the loop I wouldn't even know what to look for when buying an MP3 player. I would like to get one eventually, but the prices seem high still and, as mentioned, I'll just wait for the technology to get better.

Cell phone? I HATE THE [email protected]($#$%)& things and all of the STUPID IDIOTS that are on them when driving and not paying attention to driving - or who feel the need to gossip about their latest yeast infection on the cell with their friend while in line a Walmart.

We do not own - we do not want - a cell phone. When I leave the house I don't want to be called and I've never been in a situation where a cell phone would have saved my life and doubt I ever will. I'd rather be thinking about saving my life than who to call to have them save it for me.

And just WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE GODDESS do all these people with cell phones stuffed to their ears just HAVE to talk about RIGHT NOW? Every conversation that I've been forced to over hear has never amounted to ANYTHING of ANY importance - NONE have ever been for anything that couldn't have waited until the person got home.

And knowing electronics like I do, and knowing how companies with money to lose will tell the public anything to keep sales up, I know for a fact that they haven't any real evidence that cell phones are harmless to be holding to your head 24/7 but that there is plenty of evidence that they CAN cause problems such as tumors.

So go ahead, all of those who just have to spend their every waking moment on the cell phone, looking so hip and cool with their phone in their ear, striking a pose as they chat so animatedly about their latest pair of expensive shoes or the hairs they had to pluck off thier chin this morning - just go ahead and see how many of you end up with brain tumors in 10 or 20 years. Hey, while your at it, may as well stick the things up your rears and see what sort of cancers you can grow there too #-o

Sorry for the rant folks, but I've been nearly wrecked into several times by idiots on cell phones, I've been rudely ignored by a cashier in a fast food resturant who was talking on TWO cell phones at once (and had to disqustedly tell one of them she had a customer and couldn't have both on the line at once - yes, I reported her), I've nearly been run down by the shopping carts of brainless women on cell phones and I've had to endure endless, mindless hours of hearing other peoples STUPID STUPID STUPID converstations that JUST COULDN'T WAIT - so yeah, I'm a little touchy about cell phones :-D
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:20 pm

I wouldn't buy an Ipod if you paid me! The program will destory your computer...and, when the battery finally runs out, you're expected to throw a two to three hundred dolllar piece of electronics out to buy a new one!

I have a Sansa Scandisk 512 MB MP3 player, FM radio combo...which is not much bigger than a Flash drive actually. Plug it in to a USB port, and use Windows Media to sync.

I like the little thing.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:25 pm

I always thought they would be kinda nifty, but I'm broke and therefor can't afford one. :roll:
"Love like you've never been hurt."

VoudunLady25
Level 2
Level 2

Post by VoudunLady25 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:17 pm

I heart my ipod. I only got one because my mp3 player fell into the sink while I was doing dishes for my mom. She was sick at the time mind you, so she felt a bit sorry. I had to pay for half of it though :lol:

ipods aren't bad. My mom just doesn't see the point in the 4GB and 30/60GB ipods. She doesn't see where people will get the amount of songs to fills up all that space. Neither do I. Apple isn't actually robbing you by letting you purchase an ipod. The ACCESORIES are a ripoff. You don't need to spend 30 bucks on 5 pieces of plastic. Bloody ripoff.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Great rant Stormy!!

I have a radio/cd player/tape player, and a cd player/radio in my car. I did have a discman at one point when in college, but I have no use for it.

I HATE cellphones. I HATE I-Pods. :evil: :evil: #-o and mp3 players. Goodbye hearing. I don't want to have the hearing of my father - a man who has run an excavator for 30 years - when I am his age.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:47 am

Actually, you can get my Sansa Scandisk in various sizes for pretty cheap if you look for a sale. Try Officedepot.com or bestbuy.com. I know that mine was recently selling for like 40 dollars.

Ebay MIGHT be an option, but watch out for the chuckleheads who put what they want out of the thing as their shipping costs.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:53 am

I do need my phone alot when I get out, mainly because I have to keep in touch with the head of board of governing people... I have my phone sitting on my lap right now :D Never ue the house phone, the second we get on BT me and my mum are getting the bleeding thing disconnected cause telewest doesn't need it for the net.

MP3 player.. I love it, but I never have it up to loud, for the obvious reason I don't want to irratate my head.

But my phone... is a brick. It is like 2 years old and isn't even in production any more! the bluetooth on it has never worked (which is a damned nightmare cause it means I have to resort to emails on it to get larger files or spaned 50p on a text and I doubt governer man wants to do that.) But the thing works, Calls I rarely use.. I don't like making my self a big attraction to theives who find my phone more desirable than I do :D

I've sat in class on some days though and people have had about 4 phones on their desk.. Gah, what is the pont?!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:00 am

Tell us what you really think stomy! :lol:
As for cell phones, I got one and buying it was such an ordeal.

I would say these words" Basic and cheap, for making calls only."

They would say " Here is one that you can watch TV on, listen to music, text message, voice dial, use as a pooper scooper and flip over and use the hot plate to ccok your dinner."

I am in agreement though, when I am on a but I don't want to hear about how your party went last night and I hate when they ring in class/church/concerts/restaraunts
Last edited by Willow on Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)