human parasites

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
yellowbirch
Level 1
Level 1

human parasites

Post by yellowbirch » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:12 pm

Not sure where to put this subject or even how to phrase it. I have realized that people actually love to feed off of your energy. It is crazy that even those you thought were your friends actually thrive off of others failing and falling. I often feel as though I am a plant stuck in a wrong habitat. How do you drop everything (except my love of course, meaning my son)and learn to let go?
It's so wierd, I can see the relief of letting go, but I feel as though I am caught in a wildfire.

ugg, just needed to vent~
If our life is in a process of continual recreation, how can one dream of the future~

ShiroKitsune
Level 1
Level 1

Re: human parasites

Post by ShiroKitsune » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:31 pm

I know what you mean. I have get that a lot from people, feeding off you. Sometimes it's hard to let go. I did about 2 years ago with some friends. I moved back home away from them(they were roommate and things weren't working), they were ok with it. I haven't talk to them really since. Though my letting go was some what easy to do, I'm really not sure how one should. Hope everything works out.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:05 am

People can be so needy.
I think many more humans are becoming parasites. In reality we need other people for our very survival. Societies untouched by our beastial society function as a unit where everyone has purpose and rely upon each other.
We have a society of meaningless people....think Paris Hilton.
High cost of living, gasoline prices, and other factors are leaving more and more people no choice but to be sponges.
Many of my friends (close or into their 30s) either *still* live with parents or are forced to still have roommates.

I could go on more and more but, I will stop.
BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

yellowbirch
Level 1
Level 1

Post by yellowbirch » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:11 am

I just sat here and wrote for about 15 minutes and I had to login again and it erased my post after I logged in again! ugggg
If our life is in a process of continual recreation, how can one dream of the future~

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:29 am

Is that not similr to the Vampyre discussion?

Or do you mean something different?

I have Raven as a totem, and it really IS raven. I think nothing of getting what I want out of STRANGERS and then casting the rest aside.

This does NOT go for friends. BUT if a friend turns out to be false, then ALL the talons come out. "Never more" describes it rather to closely for comfort.

OH NO!!!! NOT the "N" word!!!!!!

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:56 am

I have to say what comes to mind is - No man is an island.

We all depend on each other and sometimes we take and sometimes we give. Its only a real problem when its all take and no give.

Maybe we should all go back to kindergarten. It seems like some of us have forgotten the basics of how to get along.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:37 am

Bandersnatch wrote:I have to say what comes to mind is - No man is an island.

We all depend on each other and sometimes we take and sometimes we give. Its only a real problem when its all take and no give.
It CAN be difficult.

Try helping someone in Germany, and they will ALWAYS take charge, or think of a "better way", or....what so ever, me included. So, in the end you either give up trying, or you fall dead of exhaustion in the pursuit.

The opposite I would guess are proffessional welfare scroungers.

So I think it may go by the persons culture as well?

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:56 pm

Ragnar: I have Raven as a totem, and it really IS raven. I think nothing of getting what I want out of STRANGERS and then casting the rest aside.

This does NOT go for friends. BUT if a friend turns out to be false, then ALL the talons come out. "Never more" describes it rather to closely for comfort.

OH NO!!!! NOT the "N" word!!!!!!
:badgrin: Oh yay, the way of Raven People :-" Throw in some "were" in there, and ah, Ragnar, you'd be a sight not for the faint of heart! :hug:

I have been thinking of this one for a while, yellowbirch, mostly because I am confused by your term, Human Parasites. Are you referring to vampirism, as Ragnar mentioned? or the sponge that Lotus mentioned?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

yellowbirch
Level 1
Level 1

Post by yellowbirch » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:58 am

Sorry it took awhile to respond, I've been crazy busy lately. I am referring to vampirism. I didn't see the discussion already posted on vampirism, so I guess this will do. It's actually wierd to call it vampirism, I don't know how to describe it fully. I have always been sensitive, but since I had my son I am extremely sensitive. I have noticed so many people constantly talking about others to diguise their own problems. Almost like they gain energy of others by simply betraying them. I noticed that just being around alot of people I start to become very weak, well certain people, not all. I don't understand. I know that I am strong, just very very emotional, in all the senses.
I try to be true to others, but I feel that my choices are to be kind and be treated like prey, or to be strong and act as the predator. I'd like to believe in the balance of both I guess.
I believe that the robin in my yard is trying to send me a message. Everytime I lose my energy the robin is there.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:04 pm

I have noticed so many people constantly talking about others to diguise their own problems.
If you notice someone complaining about an issue in another that you see in them, often they are projecting their own issue onto others. Much fun; even more fun to notice it in yourself, tracking yourself, and either a) continuing to observe or b) change it.

It helps in those situations to imagine yourself in a bubble made of non-stick steel. Stuff just slides right off ^_^

Not only this, but don't stand directly facing them. Oral characters suck a lot through the solar plexus, and standing directly in front of them gives a perfect opportunity.

You don't have to be one or the other, the victim or the warrior. You can be a perfect balance of both. It takes time, though, to track your own field and to gain control of it. In the meantime, when you're drained, sit in the sunshine, do some kind of activity that you enjoy, have a seasalt bath.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:21 pm

I've dealt with a number of energy leeches or energy vampires in my days.

CHL's advice of the non-stick steel bubble is useful.

I've, personally, found a few more interesting way to discourage them from feeding on my aura/energy/chi...whatever you want to call it. This took a LOT of practice, but, it's worked well. You have to understand that I've been subconsciously manipulating my aura since childhood and consciously manipulating it since mid-adolescence. So, what works for me might take some practice.

The first thing I've found out is that most energy vamps tend to (not all, not always) go for compatible energy. If they're more introverted and reclusive, they'll want energy from a similar source...if they're outgoing and personable, they'll tend to drain a different type of person. What I do I've called "False face", and it's actually an acting concept. If I notice that while I'm in a certain mood around a certain person, I'm feeling drained, then what I'll do is focus on flipping my aura internally by building a "mask" within my own mind...immersing myself into a character. I might not change how I'm acting at that moment, but I change how I'm thinking. And that changes my energy, making them less likely (Or more likely, depending on the goal, I have been known to feed an energy vamp to keep them from a friend who can't deal with the drain) to target me.

The other thing I have been known to do is a little nastier. This is usually for the slightly more aggressive or the more high-level type drains I've dealt with. Basically, I use a tendril of my aura to find nasty energy in my immediate area, and then draw that energy towards the vamp draining me...so that I can slip my aura away and let them drain/absorb the icky stuff. For example...stagnant water isn't a high-level energy producer...and it's "taste" is awful...but it DOES have energy. Using a tendril of my own aura to basically lead an aggressive energy vamp to that stuff is a lesson they'll not soon forget. I've had someone actually flinch when I've done that to them...and turn a lovely shade of green.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't target those who accidentally drain me, I don't pull nasty pranks on those who don't realize what they're doing. It's the people who have trained themselves to prey on random people without any sort of "by your leave" that get the second trick. I understand not knowing how to manage your power flows, and that some instinctively "feed" on other people. If someone seems to be doing it by accident, I'll use the first trick or even a redirect to something more appropriate. I've used the second trick to let a girl I knew feed off a tree nearby, instead of draining me. She didn't know what she was doing, she couldn't control it, and she didn't acknowledge that people can do these things, so I just gave her a taste of something else, and left it go. Last I'd heard from her, she was actually becoming an enthusiastic deep woods hiker, because she loved the sense of "rejuvenation" that being in the woods gave her. Guess I redirected her pretty well.

People don't realize, most of the time, that this stuff happens unless they're following a path that says it's possible. The ones I'm always wary of are the ones who know just enough to be dangerous...but not enough to know that just because you have a power doesn't mean it's right to use it willy-nilly. Though, I'm personally of the opinion that being a willful, preying energy vampire sort of conflicts with the "as it harm none" part of the Rede. And I really mean the people who knowingly and willfully prey on people who don't know it's possible...who "hunt", for lack of a better term. Thoughts?
Last edited by Kystar on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:54 am

That's intriguing, Kystar! And a very good way to kick back at those who consciously manipulate with the intention of harm. I may be using that in days to come. Surrounding yourself withy the distasteful energy works well as a shield, but strong high-vibration white light works good as well, sort of like a zap. To put a shield of healing around you (in short, the white light) turns many off because healing energy goes to work in healing the issues that make them suck life, and an issue can't be cleared unless it comes to the surface, which makes them run away immediately, or stay if they are in a state where healing would be good. Again, with the energy shild, they're not sucking from you but the energy you've drawn up around yourself.

There is another method that I didn't go into because of its complication. When I explain it to people, I get blank stares. It comes from Light Emerging by Barbara Brennan, and I won't go into heavy detail, but I strongly recommend anyone read the book. It goes into great detail of character structures and various defences people go into when confronted with an unpleasant situation. (La la la Lights are on and no one is home)

Step one is doing the teflon bubble bit. Take care of yourself first.

Step two is actually giving them energy, not yours, but universal. You'll notice they'll actually dislike it, because oral characters like to take energy on their own terms. It relates to a specific wounding in which there were abandonment issues, and thusly they will take your energy because of a continual fear of lack, but only if they have control of it. Remember this is unconscious.

Once their energy is full, you connect them with the earth, so that they can draw from the earth instead of you. They can take control. Their words start changing into ones that do not reflect their wounding so deeply.

So that's a healing response, something you would do to a close partner who habitually goes into the oral characer defense. This is someone you want to be around, but can't stand their sucking energy. It goes into effecting their energy system without an actual OK from them, but they have the option to leave. Start the work, and if they get scared or fed up, they will leave your company for a little bit.

This is exactly what we need: No more "I'm afraid of talking about more advanced material in case fluffies might hear!"
Crazy Healer Lady

yellowbirch
Level 1
Level 1

Post by yellowbirch » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:33 am

Thank you for your thoughts and advice. My dreams have been really intense lately, but when I was reading your responses I was brought back to certain images that were present in my dreams.

Titania
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Titania » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:22 am

I think a lot of people are psychic vampires to some degree without realizing it. Some are possibly so intentionally. One thing I notice with some that are unaware is that they are so morose, even depressed, because of their life circumstances, but they are unwilling to make the changes needed for improvement. I try to use some form of bubble like Crazy Healer Lady suggested and have encouraged my daughter to use similar shielding. Kids can be the worst because they are very directed yet unaware of the damage they can cause.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:13 am

Of course, they are all amateur Vampyres.

A proffessional Vampyre, and you would never know you had been bit.

Actualy, joking aside, it is good that you can all detect this.

It means, no matter HOW long you have been in the craft, you have something which I would describe as "race memory". Or ...as I prefer to call it "The Coppers nose". :roll:

"Vampyres" tend, in my estimation, to hunt the IN-experienced. I think we are all making life VERY difficult for them.

Now, WEREWOLVES..... :-" :roll: :badgrin: :badgrin:

ARRFF!