Hey from Tennessee

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
Kathyj
Level 1
Level 1

Hey from Tennessee

Post by Kathyj » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:27 am

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself, I am a green witch, herbs wildcrafting, and my various critters are a big part of my life. I have been on this path about 10 yrs, mostly solitary and always finding more to learn. I listen to alot of Celtic music from traditional to the Floggin Molly kind and read about everything I can get my hands on, allthough with a grain of salt. This seems like a great site with some very interesting individuals, can't wait to get to know ya'all :-D Bright Blessings Kat

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Hey from Tennessee

Post by Bandersnatch » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:21 am

Welcome Kat, its always nice to have someone new here.

I think you'll find the people here are a great bunch although they've been pretty quiet lately. Maybe you can get them chatting again.

What critters do you have?

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:36 am

Hello and welcome!

I am also interested in your critters! And, by the way, miss green witch, my favourite colour is green ;)

What drew you to the Pagan Library?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kathyj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Kathyj » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:12 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Hello and welcome!

I am also interested in your critters! And, by the way, miss green witch, my favourite colour is green ;)

What drew you to the Pagan Library?
I did a search on my space and found this group, after reading some of the posts I was impressed by the interaction and humor I found here, it seems like a group I would love to get to know.

As for my critters......well remember you asked for it :-" lol

I have 3 horses, Vegas(the boss mare) her 18 month colt Reno (the brat) and Lucy, a Tn Walker, who we rescued from the livestock auction, you could literally count the bones in her body, she's fat and sassy now. We also have a 20yr old pony,Gray Bob, who had been severly neglected when we got him.
2 cats, Skye a calico and Nermal a gray tom
At present 2 dogs Penny a border collie mix and Frisco a Jack russell.
Lots of chickens and a number of Harlequin rabbits. Also one Mallard Drake who lives with, and thinks he is a chicken :roll:

That's about it now allthough dairy goats and guineas are in the planning stages.
I believe and the evidence tends to support the idea that wherever I settle down the animals sense and migrate to me, I guess I am a critter-magnate lol
Anyway thanks for welcoming me to the group Brightest Blessings Kat

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:18 pm

Sounds like a lovely family of animals!

May I ask: What brought you to your path? (It's one of my favourite questions to ask new acquaintances.)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:16 pm

Ohhh! I love animals.

I have two handsome kitties myself. One is an 11 yr old grey long-hair, and the other is a 6 month old short orange-hair with darker stripes.

I'd have more, but I live in a small apartment. :lol:

Welcome! What path do you follow? I can't wait to hear more from you.

:-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kathyj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Kathyj » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:00 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Sounds like a lovely family of animals!

May I ask: What brought you to your path? (It's one of my favourite questions to ask new acquaintances.)
It was a gradual thing for me, as so many others I just could'nt find what I needed in traditional religous comunities. Believe me I did a thorough search of the belief systems that was available to me, from Mormonism to a christion charismatic group, I took a comparative religions course in college, and thinking back I realize that allthough it covered Christianity, Buddism, Islam etc. Paganism was never mentioned. Scott Cunningham was the first author I read that had anything to do with paganism and the ideas expressed spoke to me like nothing ever had before so here I am 10yrs later, I am extremly ecclectic and draw from alot of different sources. I love the pagan community and love the freedom I have to be who I am, to be able to pursue my interests and personal beliefs without alot of dogma to get in the way.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:56 am

Welcome Welcome...good to have more animal lovers.

Though honestly I can't think of any pagans I know that don't like animals. Though I think some like them more as food than pets....
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:28 pm

Willow wrote:Though I think some like them more as food than pets....
This from a vegetarian! Out of curiosity... which ones?

I think of them as teachers.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kathyj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Kathyj » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Willow wrote:Welcome Welcome...good to have more animal lovers.

Though honestly I can't think of any pagans I know that don't like animals. Though I think some like them more as food than pets....
I love my animals, but although I respect everyone's right to choose their paths, a vegetarian I am not. . I am not ashamed of being an omnivore, and for those vegetarians out there, more power to you. What cracks me up is the people who find out I raise animals for meat going on and on about how cruel or heartless I am while meanwhile chowing down on a McDonald's hamburger [-X .

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:34 pm

Kathyj wrote:I love my animals, but although I respect everyone's right to choose their paths, a vegetarian I am not. . I am not ashamed of being an omnivore, and for those vegetarians out there, more power to you. What cracks me up is the people who find out I raise animals for meat going on and on about how cruel or heartless I am while meanwhile chowing down on a McDonald's hamburger [-X .
Whoa whoa where did this come from? ha ha

I grew up on a farm as well. When we got our calves slaughtered, my parents asked my sister and I what we would name them one they were in the freezer. We joked, "Frosty!" etc. Kind of morbid, but one of my favourite stories.

I'm vegan and I respect everyone's right to eat what they want to eat. There were no accusations toward those who eat meat, if you read the posts, but a little laugh on my part about Willow's comment.

As for animal-rights people chowing down McDonalds while razzing on you, ahhhhh, aren't hypocrites fun? Were they wearing leather shoes? ;)
Crazy Healer Lady

Kathyj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Kathyj » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:32 am

Sorry, did not mean to sound offended, lol, really was'nt. Like you, I feel we all make the choices that is best for us. :hug: BB Kat

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:52 pm

I think a few people have made jokes on this board about cows eating salad and us eating cowsa and so on...

I guess I can't be funny all the time, stupid jet lag!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)