Witches Rede of Chivalry
Ed Fitch and Janine Renee
Magical Rites from the Crystal Well, 1987, Llewellyn Publications.
Insofar as the Craft of the Wise is the most ancient and most honorable creed
of humankind, it behooves all who are Witches to act in ways that give respect
to the Old Gods, to their sisters and brothers of the Craft, and to themselves.
Therefore, be it noted that:
- Chivalry is a high code of honor which is of most ancient Pagan origin,
and must be lived by all who follow the old ways.
- It must be kenned that thoughts and intent put forth on this Middle Earth
will wax strong in other worlds beyond and return...bringing into creation,
on this world, that which had been sent forth. Thus one should exercise discipline,
for "as ye plant, so shall ye harvest."
- It is only by preparing our minds to be as Gods that we can ultimately attain
- "This above all...to thine own self be true..."
- A Witch's word must have the validity of a signed and witnessed oath. Thus,
give thy word sparingly, but adhere to it like iron.
- Refrain from speaking ill of others, for not all truths of the matter may
- Pass not unverified words about another, for hearsay is, in large part,
a thing of falsehoods.
- Be thou honest with others, and have them know that honesty is likewise
expected of them.
- The fury of the moment plays folly with the truth; to keep one's head is
- Contemplate always the consequences of thine acts upon others. Strive not
to do harm.
- Diverse covens may well have diverse views of love between members and with
others. When a coven, clan, or grove is visited or joined, one should discern
quietly their practices, and abide thereby.
- Dignity, a gracious manner, and a good humor are much to be admired.
- As a Witch, thou has power, and thy powers wax strongly as wisdom increases.
Therefore, exercise discretion in the use thereof.
- Courage and honor endure forever. Their echoes remain when the mountains
have crumbled to dust.
- Pledge friendship and fealty to those who so warrant. Strengthen others
of the Brethren and they shall strengthen thee.
- Thou shalt not reveal the secrets of another Witch or Coven. Others have
labored long and hard for them, and cherish them as treasures.
- Though there may be differences among those of the Old Ways, those who are
once-born must see nothing, and must hear nothing.
- Those who follow the mysteries should be above reproach in the eyes of the
- The laws of the land should be obeyed whenever possible and within reason,
for in the main they have been chosen with wisdom.
- Have pride in thyself and seek perfection in body and in mind. For the Lady
has said, "How canst thou honor another unless thou give honor to thyself first?"
- Those who seek the Mysteries should consider themselves the select of the
Gods, for it is they would lead the race of humankind to the highest of thrones
and beyond the very stars.
Kindly Pagans, White Supremacists Hold Dueling Gatherings In Southern State Park
Keep the Faith
Young black women are leaving Christianity and embracing African witchcraft
Atlanta Church Hires Psychic Medium to Minister to Congregation
The princess of Norway and her shaman lover
Religion News Service
Getting in on - and tossed out of - the Satanist Temple joke - Religion News Service