Guide to Crystals
Based upon the Crystal Awareness Guide by Legion of Light
Within this guide, a variety of crystals and stones, describing their uses and associated chakras, are explained.
- A variety of chalcedony. Tones and strengthens body and mind. Imparts a sense of strength and courage. Facilitates ability to dicsern truth and accept cicrumstances. Grounding, but energetic. Powerful healer. Works with chakras and attitudes according to color of stone.
- A variety of chrysoberyl. Aids internal and external regeneration. Has positive influence on nervous system, spleen, pancreas. Helps to align mental and emotional body. Spiritual transformation and regeneration. Reflects highest potentials of unfoldment. Joy, oneness with life. Chakra: Crown.
- A variety of feldspar. Soothes nervous system. Strengthens heart and physical body. Aid alignment of mental and etheric body. Brings joy and upliftment. Creative expression. Facilitates clearer vision of one's own harmful tendencies, making them easier to release. Chakra: Throat.
- Fossilized resin from prehistoric pine trees. Exerts positive influence on endocrine system, spleen, heart. Healing, soothing, harmonizing. Electrically alive with solidified golden light. Stabalizes kundalini awakening. Activates altruistic nature. Spiritualizes the intellect. Chakras: Navel, Solar Plexus, Crown.
- A variety of quartz. Strengthens endorcrine and immune systems. Enhances right brain activity and pineal and pituitary glands. Power blood cleanser and energizer. Helps mental disorders. Purification and regeneration on all levels of conciousness, Transmutes one's lower nature into the more highly efined aspects of their higher potentials. Physical representative of the Violet Ray of alchemy and transformation. Cuts through illusion. Enhances psychic abilities. Excellent for meditation. Aids channeling abilities. Calming, strong protective qualities. Healing, divine love, inspiration, intuition. Chakras: Third Eye, Crown.
- A variety of beryl. Calms nerves, reduces fluid retention. Strengthens kidneys, liver, spleen, thyroid. Purifies body. Enhances clarity of mind, aids creative self-expression. Physical/Emotional/Mental balancer. Helps banish fears and phobias. Excellent for meditation. Inspiration, peace, calmness, love. Chakras: Throat, Solar Plexus.
- AVENTURINE (Green):
- A variety of quartz. Purifies mental, emotional, and etheric bodies. Aids in releasing anxiety and fear. Stimulates muscle tissue. Strengthens blood. Emotional tranquility, positive attitudes towards life. Brings one into alignment with their center. Independence. Health, wellbeing. Chakra: Heart.
- Enhances flow of energy through nervous system (because of copper content). Helps body utilize oxygen. Strengthens blood. Facilitates clear meditation. Cuts through illusion. Enhances psychic abilities. Initiates transformation. Cleanses mental body. Inspiration, creativity, intuition. Chakras: Third Eye, Throat.
- A variety of chalcedony. Strengthens and oxygenates bloodstream. Enahnces physical/mental vitality. Strengthens heart, spleen, bone marrow. Aids in balancing iron deficiencies. Reduces emotional/mental stress. Powerful psychic healer. Stilmulates movement of kundalini. Links root chakra with heart. Inner guidance, altruism, idealism. A highly evolved mineral. Chakras: Root, Heart.
- Aids kidneys, pancreas, spleen. Balances male/female polarities. Alleviates fear, reduces stress. Emotional balancing. Grounds excess energy. Increases capacity for astral projection. Joy, lightness. Works with chakras and attitudes according to color of stone.
- A variety of chalcedony. Very higly evolved mineral healer. Energizes blood. Aids kidneys, lungs, liver, gallbladder, pancreas. Aids tissue regeneration. Vitalizes physical/emotional/mental bodies. Aligns physical and etheric bodies. Enhances attunement with inner self. Facilitates concentration. Opens heat. Warming, social, joyous. Chakras: Navel, Solar Plexus, Heart.
- Enhances thyroid functions. Reduces stress. Relaxingm peace of mind. Accelerates growth. Aids personal creative expression. Helps one adjust to higher, more rarefied states of awareness. Truth, reliability. Clear speech. Chakra: Throat.
- Aids in preventing ulcers, digestive problems, arthritic conditions. Strengthens lungs and thyroid gland. Enhances metabolism. Excellent for female disorders. Alleviates fears, guilt, tension. Helps clear subconscious imbalances. Activates feminine qualities. Amplifies throat chakra - creative expression, power, communication. joy, emotional balance. Chakras: Heart, Throat.
- A variety of quartz. Balances neurotic patterns. Eases depression and sexual imbalance. Fertility. Calming, balancing, healing for phsyical/emotional/mental bodies. Helps one see clearly into personal problems. Brings out inner talents. Lightheartedness, joy. Chakra: Heart.
- A variety of quartz. Good for kidneys, colon, liver, gallbladder, digestive organs, heart. Tissue regeneration. Detoxifies physical/emotional/mental bodies. Enhances body's healing energy. Diminishes self-destructive tendencies. Raises self-esteem. Powerful alignment with High Self. Lightheartedness, cheerfulness, hope. Warming, energizing. Attracts abundance. Chakras: Navel, Crown.
- Influences flow of blood. Supplies strong energy to body/mind. Aids metabolism. Helps detoxify body. An aid for exhaustion and sexual imbalance. Aligns physical/emotional bodies. Raises self-esteem. Strong conductor of energy.
- Enhances brain functions. Aids alignment of cranial bones. Breaks up blockages in crown chakra and in the personality. Master healer. Dispels negativity. Purifies physical/etheric bodies. Reflects will and pwer aspects of God. Enhances full spectrum of energies in body/mind/spirit. Alignment with High Self. Abundance, innocence, purity, faithfulness. Chakras: All.
- Strengthens cardiovascular and central nervous systems. Excellent aid for ulcers, nervous stomach, heart troubles, blood pressure. Vitalizes, blances, tones body/mind. Emotional stability, Peace of mind. Excellent for use with healing and affirmations. Adundance, prosperity, progress, health, well being. Chakra: Heart.
- A variety of beryl. Strengthens heart, liver, kidneys, immune system, nervous system. Tonic for body/mind/spirit. Aids alignment of subtle bodies. Enhances dreams, meditation, deeper spiritual insight. Represents the potential of divinity within us. Prosperity, love, kindness, tranquility, balance, healing, patience. Strong emotional balancer. Chakras: Heart, Solar Plexus.
- Strengthens teeth and bones. Improves absorption of vital nutrients. Beneficial for blood vessels and spleen. Grounds excess energy. Excellent for advancement of mind, greater concentration, meditation. Helps one grasp higher, more abstract concepts. Facilitates interdimensional communication. Powerful healer. Works with chakras and attitudes according to color of stone.
- GARNET (Red):
- Strengthens, purifies, vitalizes and regenerates bodily systems, especially the bloodstroom. Has strong affinity with root chakra, helping to harmonize the potent forces of the kundalini. Stimulates pituitary gland. Aligns subtle bodies. Love, compassion. Enhances imagination. Chakras: Root, Heart.
- Purifies and energizes physical body. Improves circulation, strengthens nervous system. Balances and develops heart chakra. Balances hemispheres of the brain. Aids tissue regeneration. Attracts positive energy into aura. Amplifies thought forms. Aids personal illumination. Solar energy, male aspect. Chakras: Navel, Heart, Crown.
- Has positive effect upon bloodstream. Activates spleen. Increases resistance to stress. Helps circulate oxygen throughout the body. Strengthens physical and etheric bodies. Energizing, vitalizing. Enhances personal magnetism, optimism, will, courage. Slightly grounding. Powerful stone for those attracted to it.
- HERKIMER DIAMOND:
- A type of quartz crystal. Cleanes subtle bodies. Reduces stress. Balances and purifies energy within body and mind. Similar qualities as clear quartz. Powerfil amplifier. Enhances inner vision. Increases awareness of dreams - "dream crystal." Stores thought forms and information. Chakras: All.
- Strengthens jeart, kidneys, immune system. Helps cleanse vlood. Increases longevity and fertility. Aids eye disorders and female problems. Power emotional balancer. Radiates divine, unconditional love. Clarity, modesty, courage, justice, wisdom. Peaceful and nurturing. Dispels negativity. Healing affinity will correspond to particular color of stone.
- JASPER (All colors):
- A variety of chalcedony. Strengthens liver, gallbladder, bladder. Powerful healer; main impact on physical body. Represents earth element. Works with chakras and attitudes according to color.
- KUNZITE (Pink Spodumene):
- High lithium content makes Kunzite beneficial to individuals with addictive behavior. Strengthens cardiovascular system. Aids manic depression. Excellent balancer for physical/emotional/mental bodies. Powerful stone for opening/healing heart. Helps one surrender to Higher Self. Enhances self-esteem. Tolerance, acceptance. Soothing, calming. Chakra: Heart.
- Strengthens throat chakra. Enhances creative expression, communication, truth, loyalty, reliability, serenity. Connection to casual plane. Facilitates astral/interdimensional travel. Chakras: Throat, Third Eye.
- LAPIS LAZULI:
- Strengthens skeletal system. Activates thyroid gland. Releases tension and anxiety. Energizes throat chakra. Augments strength, vitality, virility. Facilitates opening of chakras. Mental clarity, illumination. Enhances psychic abilities and communication with Higher Self and Spirit Guides. Creative expression. Chakras: Third Eye, Throat.
- Aids muscles, strengthens heart, beneficially influences blood. High lithium content aids emotional/mental balance and stability. Aids sleep. Enhances expression of one's inner light and joy. Chakra: Heart.
- Aids functions of pancreas and spleen. Reduces stress and tension. Aids tissue regeneration. Strengthens heart, circulatory system, pineal and pituitaru glands. Aids sleep. Vitalizing for body/mind. Reveals subconscious blocks. Excellent balancer on all levels. Chakras: Heart, Solar Plexus.
- Helps reveal past lives frlom other plantes and galaxies, Enhances connection with extraterratrial energies. Expands awareness. Similar to obsidian, but denser. Chakra: Root.
- A deep green, silica based tektite (meteorite) that fell to Earth about 15 million years ago. Aids alignment with Higher Self. Balancing and healing for physical body/mind. Aids in channeling extraterrestrial and interdimensional sources. Chakras: Heart, Third Eye.
- Has healing affinity with stomach, spleen, pancreas, pituitary gland. Unblocks lymphatic system. Relieves anxiety and stress. Aids birthing process, helps female problems. Emotional balancer; helps lessen tendency to over react emotionally. Flexibility in attitudes. Aligns emotions with High Self. Chakra: Heart.
- Beneficially influences stomach and intestines. Connects mind and emotions. Slightly masculine energy. Grounds spiritual energy into physical plane. Absorbs and disperses negativity. Reduces stress. Helps clear subconscious blocks. Brings and understanding of silence and "the void." Detatchment, but with wisdom and love. Powerful healer for those attuned with it. Chakra: Root.
- A variety of chalcedony. Relieves stress. Balances male/female polarities. Strengthens bone marrow. Aids detatchment. Enhances emotional balance and self control. Higher inspiration. Works with chakras and attitudes according to color of stone.
- Stimulates pineal and pituitary glands. Aids eyesight. Emotional balancer. Enhances intuition. The full spectrum of colors resonates with all chakreas. Helps conscious connection with highest aspects of being. Chakras: Heart and others, depending on color.
- PERIDOT (Olivine):
- Balances glandular system. Aids tissue regeneration. Has beneficial influence on heart, pancreas, spleen, liver, adrenals. Purifies body. Enhances bloodstream. Overall balancer and tonic for body/mind. Aligns subtle bodies. Increases intuitive awareness. Reduces stress. Stimulates mind. Accelerates personal growth, opens new doors of opportunity. Chakras: Navel, Solar Plexus, Heart.
- Aids digestion, improves circulation. Strengthens and oxygenates blood. Enhances brain functions. Influences a more positive outlook on life. Enhances emotional body, strengthens will. Helps one's ability to work with others harmoniously. Practicality. Chakras: Root, Solar Plexus, Heart.
- QUARTZ CRYSTAL (Clear):
- Enhances the crystalline properties of the blood, body and mind. Activates and enhances pineal and pituitary glands. Emotional balancer. Stimulates brain functions. Amplifies thout forms. Full spectrum energy activates all levels of consciousness. Dispels negativity in one's energy fields and in environment. Receives, activates, stores, transmits and amplifies energy. Excellent for meditation. Enhances interdimensional communication and communication with Higher Self and Spirit Guides. Chakras: All.
- Aids spleen, kidneys, heart, pituitary gland and circulation of blood. Enhances memory and intellectual power. Emotional balancer. Helps heal emotional wounds and traumas. Aligns subtle bodies. Red/pink color helps to blend courage/will/passion aspects of lower chakras with loving expression of the heart. Divine love, acceptance of self and life. Powerful healer for those attuned to this stone. Chakras: Root, Heart.
- Aids central nervous system, thyroid gland, body reflexes, pituitary gland, pancreas. Strengthens immunity,. Improves memory. Eases physical/emotional trauma. Reduces stress, calms mind. Aligns root and heart chakras for bringing love into action and manifestation (red and black variety). Self esteem, confidence. Enhances energy levels in body/mind. Pink variety (without black) helps impart understanding of strength within vulnerability. Great stone for light workers serving in cities. Chakras: Root, Heart.
- ROSE QUARTZ:
- Aids kidneys and circulatory system. Increases fertility. Eases sexual/emotional imbalances. Helps clear stored anger, resentment, guilt, fear, jealousy. Reduces stress and tension, cools hot temper. Enhances self confidence and creativity. Aids development of forgiveness, compassion, love. "Love stone." Chakra: Heart.
- Aids regeneration of physical/spiritual heart. Enhances ciculation. Vitalizes blood and entire body/mind system. Strengthens immunity. Activates sluggish or dormant conditions on physical/spiritual levels. Refines lower passions. Courage, integrity, selfless service, joy, spiritual devotion, power, leadership. Helps banish sense of limitation. Chakras: Root, Heart.
- RUTILATED QUARTZ:
- Regeneration of tissue throughout body. Enhances life force. Strengthens immune system. Stimulates brain functions. Eases depression, facilitates inspiration. Increases clairvoyance. Highly electrical, more intensity that clear quartz. Pierces through layers of physical/emotional/mental density. Transmutes negativity. Enhances communication with Higher Self and Spirit Guides. Very powerful healer. Chakras: All.
- Strengthens heart and kidneys. Activates pituitary gland, thereby aiding entire glandular system. Aligns body/mind/spirit. Stimulates psychic abilities, clarity and inspiration. Creative expression, loyalty, love. Aids connection with Higher Self/Spirit Guides. Strengthens will. Expands cosmic awareness. Dispells confusion. Excellent for meditation. Chakras: Throat, Third Eye.
- SELENITE (Gypsum):
- Strengthens bones, teeth. Soothes nerves. Has positive effect on brain, aiding power of concentration and clarity. Enhances willpower. Grounded white light. Chakra: Crown.
- Enhances mental functions. Aids circulation. Strengthens blood, physically and etherically. Strengthens pineal and pituitary glands. Relieves stress. Relates to the moon, subconscious, female aspect. Emotional balance. Speech improvement. Excellent energy conductor.
- SMOKY QUARTZ:
- Strengthens adrenals, kidneys, pancreas. Increases fertility, balances sexual energy. Aids depression. Mildly sedative and relaxing. Initiates movement of kundalini. Dissipates subconscious blocks and negativity on all levels. Grounding, centering. Excellent for meditation. Enhances dream awareness and channeling abilities. Chakras: Root, Navel, Solar Plexus.
- Aids pancreas, balances endocrine system, strengthens metabolism and lymphatic system. Balances male/female polarities. Alleviates fear. Calms and clears the mind. Slightly sedative, grounding. Cuts through density and illusion, bringing clarity and truth. Enhances communication, creative expression. Similar qualities as lapis lazuli. Chakras: Throat, Third Eye.
- SUGILITE (Royal Azel):
- Enhances functions of pineal, pituitary and adrenal glands. Activates and balances brain hemispheres. Strengthens heart. Airds physical healing and purification of bodily systems. Emotional balancer, reduces sress. Brings higher spiritual awareness into physical reality. Enhances sensitivity. Strong protective qualities. Excellent for meditation. Enhances channeling abilities. Chakras: Third Eye, Crown.
- TIGER EYE:
- Variety of chalcedony (quartz). Beneficial for spleen, pancreas, digestive organs, colon. Emotional balancer. Enhances connection with personal power and will. Grounding, centering. Helps soften stubbornness. Enhances clear perception and insight. Slightly masculine energy. Chakras: Navel, Solar Plexus.
- (Gold) Tissue regeneration. Strengthens liver, gallbladder, spleen, digestive organs, nervous system. Detoxifies body. Warming, awakening, inspiring. Abundance. Chakras: Navel, Crown. (Blue) Tissue regeneration. Strengthens thyroid gland, enhances metabolism. Emotional balance. Cooling, soothing, peace, tranquility. Creativity, self expression. Enhances psychic perception, communication with Higher Self/Spirit Guides. Chakras: Heart, Throat, Third Eye.
- TOURMALINATED QUARTZ:
- Clear quartz with black tourmaline crystals inside. Balances male/female polarities. Aids in balancing extremes. GRounding, very protective, dissipates negativity. Combines forces of clear quartz and black tourmaline. Chakras: Root, Crown.
- TOURMALINE (All colors):
- Aids balance of endocrine system. Aids sleep. Strengthens, vitalizes body/mind. Activates and enhances crystalline properties of body/mind. Aligns subtle bodies. Dispels fear and negative conditions. Strong protective influence. Concentration, inspiration. Enhances sensitivity and understanding. Powerful healer, highly electromagnetic. The various color will activate and align corresponding chakras.
(Black Tourmaline/Schorl) Root chakra.
(Watermelon Tourmaline/red/green) Root, Heart chakras.
(Green Tourmaline) Heart chakra.
(Blue Tourmaline/Indicolite) Throat, Third Eye chakras.
(Red/Pink Tourmaline/Rubellite) Root, Heart chakras.
- Tones, strengthens entire body. Tissue regeneration. Aids circulation, lungs, respiratory system. Vitalizes blood, nervous system. Aligns chakras. Enhances meditation. Creative expression, peace of mind, emotional balance, communication, friendship, loyalty. Chakras: Throat.
- Soothing, calming, blanceing for body/mind. Aids blood, heart. Emotional stability. Helps one recall past lives. Self confidence. Abundance. Chakras: Heart, Solar Plexus.
- ZIRCON (Hyacinth):
- Strengthens the mind. Aids bowel problems. Balances pituitary and pineal glands. Aligns subtle bodies. Emotional balance, self esteem. Aids sleep. Simliar properties as diamond and quartz crystal. All around healer. Chakras: All.
"NOTE: Crystals, gems and other minerals are wonderful tools for transformation. They are 'solid friends' and objects of beauty that can help us along the way to our goal. We must remember, howeverm that crystals, gems and minerals are a solidified reflection of that which is always available within ourselves, and that love is the only goal. Let's keep everything in proper perspective, not giving our pwer away, while enjoying all the gifts that nature has provided for us. Love is all that matters...Love one another!"
-- Legion of Light
Your crystals and stones questions and comments are welcomed! Please mail them via Email to Ast[email protected] I am always here to help... Blessed Be!
-- Damon Pike (Anthea)
Astral Pathways - Guidance to spiritual growth
Kindly Pagans, White Supremacists Hold Dueling Gatherings In Southern State Park
Keep the Faith
Young black women are leaving Christianity and embracing African witchcraft
Atlanta Church Hires Psychic Medium to Minister to Congregation
The princess of Norway and her shaman lover
Religion News Service
Getting in on - and tossed out of - the Satanist Temple joke - Religion News Service